Cryptocurrency

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
I do think it's interesting that the blockchain was the new technology that everybody was aflutter about for a few years, and now it seems to have switched to AI, and quite frankly I just don't hear anything about the blockchain anymore. I wonder how much space there is for blockchain technologies now that a lot of capital and everything is flowing more toward AI.

I have read quite a bit about how these technologies will converge. Blockchain can solve for trust with the "black box problem".

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
I did the Coinbase Super Bowl ad and got $15 in free bitcoin. That was what, 2 or 3 super bowls ago. Anyway, Coinbase does this rewards thing where they give you free crypto for learning about some obscure cryptocurrencies. I do them every time and exchange the value for the obscure stuff for BTC. My account is over $100 as of today and I’ve never invested a dime of my own money in crypto. I’m going to see how far I can make this free BTC go. Anyone else do this and actually paid attention to it since the viral ad?

Last edited:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I put just a little bit of money in IBIT, right when the ETF's came out. It's went up 45% since. I wonder if I should put into some kind of trailing stop???? Maybe 10%?

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
I put just a little bit of money in IBIT, right when the ETF's came out. It's went up 45% since. I wonder if I should put into some kind of trailing stop???? Maybe 10%?

Depends on your time horizon, imo. That's pretty good short term. My target is 500k by 2030. There will be many 10% drops before then.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
I put $500 into $FBTC around $34.5/share... Should have put $5000
You really should only look at how much you invest based off your risk tolerance and available assets as of the time you are putting money in the market. Looking back and wishing you did more (or less) really isn’t a fruitful mental exercise. It’s also recommended that you have no more than 10% of your money in speculative investments…so take that for whatever it’s worth.

Reactions: cyfan92

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
You really should only look at how much you invest based off your risk tolerance and available assets as of the time you are putting money in the market. Looking back and wishing you did more (or less) really isn’t a fruitful mental exercise. It’s also recommended that you have no more than 10% of your money in speculative investments…so take that for whatever it’s worth.
I don't sports gamble, so it's my "gambling money"

If crypto is still around post the next downturn/asset correction, I'll give it real allocation.

Reactions: CycloneSpinning

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
I don't sports gamble, so it's my "gambling money"

If crypto is still around post the next downturn/asset correction, I'll give it real allocation.
Sounds good- mostly was meant as a don’t beat yourself up comment anyway.

I once put $500 in a stock I was pretty excited about. A few years later it was worth $0. Another stock I was interested in at the time was Apple…but I could buy a lot more shares of the other stock. I believe the Apple stock would have been worth somewhere close to $200k today.

I can look back on that and wish I had done things differently…but I wouldn’t have. I also learned to make better decisions and it’s worked out fine. (Plus I’m sure I would have sold the Apple stock a long time ago.)

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
Anyone here into meme coin trading? It's basically gambling, but it's been pretty fun playing with a small stack. I missed the SOL hype, but I am thinking the BASE chain could see massive growth in the next 12-18 months.

I used to say I'd never touch the $hit coins, but it seems the younger generation loves the stuff.

siklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 11, 2010
Minneapolis
Anyone here into meme coin trading? It's basically gambling, but it's been pretty fun playing with a small stack. I missed the SOL hype, but I am thinking the BASE chain could see massive growth in the next 12-18 months.

I used to say I'd never touch the $hit coins, but it seems the younger generation loves the stuff.
What is the second best crypto?

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
Why that one?

DOGE on the Base network seemed like a good ticker for when normies ape during the next 12-18 months. Active telegram, twitter, and devs. The just made a boge flappy bird game to earn BOGE.

It's still a bit of a dart. Mainly I was looking for something around 10mil mcap (which makes 10x-100x a possibility), older than a few weeks release, active community, and solid holder count.

I think darts are currently best thrown on the Base network right now. Users are the name of the game when it comes to capital flow on L1s and L2s. Since Coinbase built Base I believe they will funnel users to it. It worked on me. Sending funds from coinbase to the coinbase wallet and swapping inapp with sushiswap and uniswap are extremely user friendly right now.

siklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 11, 2010
Minneapolis
That actually is a pretty good case for taking a flyer on one.

I think you are going to be right about Coinbase being the funnel for this next cycle. They basically have no competition this time around and whatever they are pushing probably stands a good chance. It's all about the network effects.

I recently moved part of an old Roth IRA to a multi sig custody Bitcoin Roth. It's not as sexy as flappy bird but I'm excited for the tax free retirement gains :)

Reactions: JustAnotherTimeline

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston

Memecoins still alive and well on SOL fwiw

Reactions: JustAnotherTimeline

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
DOGE on the Base network seemed like a good ticker for when normies ape during the next 12-18 months. Active telegram, twitter, and devs. The just made a boge flappy bird game to earn BOGE.

It's still a bit of a dart. Mainly I was looking for something around 10mil mcap (which makes 10x-100x a possibility), older than a few weeks release, active community, and solid holder count.

I think darts are currently best thrown on the Base network right now. Users are the name of the game when it comes to capital flow on L1s and L2s. Since Coinbase built Base I believe they will funnel users to it. It worked on me. Sending funds from coinbase to the coinbase wallet and swapping inapp with sushiswap and uniswap are extremely user friendly right now.
Wait, so is your BTC on coinbase too?