Crowd For Saturday

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
If we can sell out UNI and Iowa but can't sell out a conference game against the #4 team in the nation which will decide who is in FIRST PLACE in the Big 12 conference - that says a lot about our fan base and which games are truly important.

It will be embarrassing if we cannot sell out this game.

I agree with this just because of the optics, but you have to remember those 2 games bring a disproportionate amount of visiting fans.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyclad and CyInDFW

JMA1125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2014
My DD is a student at ISU. She says that student tix for TCU are currently going for around $40 and there aren’t many available. She bought student tix to the Kansas game for $10. She’s kicking herself for not getting student season tickets.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
Does it help that if I go to Cyclones.com and attempt to purchase single game tickets for TCU, I get an error?

Error 401 Not allowed

Or that single game tickets are not listed as purchase choices within my university account page?

Edit to note ... could be my employer's network security blocking me. Oops.

Last edited:

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
there is 51K sold but a big chunk of those is available on Ticket Master and sites like that. So early indicators are a terrible crowd for Saturday. Also, of those 51k sold, some of those are student tickets and I'm betting they won't show so upper deck in the student section will be empty. We need to show this staff we truly are good fans, so come on Cyclone fans, get there.
chicken-little-sky-is-falling-1a.jpg

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Lol, it absolutely means you’re not a good fan. No one says you have to be a good fan, it does take commitment and resources that could go elsewhere. Totally fine, but sorry, you can’t make that decision and also be labeled a good fan, or even worse, ***** about losing. I follow a lot of teams that I will never drop a dime on. Admittedly I’m not a good fan of those teams.

I’m a fan of seeing my savings grow. But I rarely invest and choose to spend money and time on other things. I’m a good investor though.

I've been to nearly every home game for the last 17 years and I completely disagree. Staying home does not necessarily mean you are not a good fan. Everyone's circumstances are different. You just better not ***** about attendance or the crowd behavior in general if you aren't going to games.

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
What are people waiting for if they are still holding out from buying tickets? This team has gone from a 2-win a season team to being ranked and facing a top 5 team at home in late October!

Being a college graduate, with an education degree at that, makes the monthly budget hella tight. Gonna see what I can do.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
If we can sell out UNI and Iowa but can't sell out a conference game against the #4 team in the nation which will decide who is in FIRST PLACE in the Big 12 conference - that says a lot about our fan base and which games are truly important.

It will be embarrassing if we cannot sell out this game.
UNI and Iowa are early season rivalry games that have had great weather, great tailgating and prior to harvest. Unfortunately, due to lack of success, people attend iSu games as much, if not more, for the tailgating.

The last weekend in October is opening pheasant season and the heart of harvest. Year in and year out, people talk about how that shouldn't impact the attendance much. Those same people fail to look around on game day and see who the game day sponsors are. They are Ag companies for a reason. You not only have the farmers but you have all the ag businesses that support farmers. I would not be making the game Saturday if my daughter didn't swim in Ankeny. Even then, I will most likely miss the first quarter. Not because I am not a good fan but because I love my daughter more than the Clones.

JMA1125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2014
That's a new one for me, in this context.
Hmm. On other boards I’m on it’s common to use DD, DS (dear son) DH (dear husband) DW (dear wife) DSD (dear step daughter) etc. as abbreviations. Fortunately all the “dears” in my life are Cyclones, except for my mom (DM) who cheers for Iowa). She’s still a dear, though :)

• Agree
Reactions: Ms3r4ISU

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Lame fans. Hopefully they’ll get it at some point.
In reality, A lot of those fans have been repeatedly kicked in the nuts by iSu football. Unfortunately, it will take more than a good season to get them to change their traditions. It will take sustained success with spikes of great years.

I go to as many games as humanly possible but I don't begrudge fans who have come to iSu and finally moved on.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Be curious to hear more excuses...our fans are overrated, how many actual people did we have at the Texas game 35?
Dude...we have won 17 games in the last five years. A lot of the fans travel 2+ hours and have jobs. The fact that we had 35K+ there on a Thursday night after such long term poor results says how good a fanbase we have.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
In reality, A lot of those fans have been repeatedly kicked in the nuts by iSu football. Unfortunately, it will take more than a good season to get them to change their traditions. It will take sustained success with spikes of great years.

I go to as many games as humanly possible but I don't begrudge fans who have come to iSu and finally moved on.

I agree. I think it goes back to the discussion about changing the culture around the program. Obviously the players have bought in all the way, but they don't carry the baggage that most fans do. Like David Montgomery doesn't care about Troy Davis getting screwed out of the Heisman or whether or not Seneca was in (he was). KCM couldn't care less about the OU massacre or missed FGs that would have won a Big 12 North title.

I suspect there's a pretty good chunk of the fanbase still waiting for the other shoe to drop. They've just seen too much. They'll come around, but it'll take a little time.

• Winner
Reactions: tazclone