Crowd For Saturday

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
If you don't want to drive overnight and can find a ride to ames, the Amtrak leaves Denver at 7PM at night and gets into Osceola at 7AM. I much preferred taking the train home when I was in school vs driving. The train's comfortable enough to sleep in and I'd grab some whiskey from the bar cart and chill in the lounge for the first few hours.
That is a good suggestion. I have taken the Amtrak before. The train station in Osceola is pretty amusing. It is a storage shed in the middle of a huge gravel parking lot. I live up in FoCo now and hate driving in Denver. Plus I gotta bring back some AE party dip, pasquale's pizza, Hy-Vee anything, and stop at the furthest West Casey's in Nebraska for a slice of pizza.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
Trying to figure out how I can make it to Ames from Colorado with work Friday. If I can make it happen, I will gladly drive 10 hours through the crappiest state ever (Nebraska) overnight Friday to cheer on the Clones Saturday. It's Halloween, so if I look like a sleep deprived zombie during the game I'll fit right in. Go State!!!

Then we'll be getting in to town around the same time since I'm driving from Dallas.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
2:30 kick should help a ton!
So true. I went to another college game this year that had a 1:30 pm kick. Nothing like college football in the middle of the afternoon on a sunny October day. Can understand why people shy away from night games that get them home at all hours. Saturday afternoon is optimal.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It just bugs me when people say others are bad fans for not going or wanting to go. I know ISU fans that are vocal that have not been to any game in years if ever. Doesn't make them bad IMO they just have other things they would rather do with their time/money.

For the record my wife and I will be there with our 2.5 year old and one month old.
Lol, it absolutely means you’re not a good fan. No one says you have to be a good fan, it does take commitment and resources that could go elsewhere. Totally fine, but sorry, you can’t make that decision and also be labeled a good fan, or even worse, ***** about losing. I follow a lot of teams that I will never drop a dime on. Admittedly I’m not a good fan of those teams.

I’m a fan of seeing my savings grow. But I rarely invest and choose to spend money and time on other things. I’m a good investor though.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It's at 2:30. That is huge. Warmest time of the day and plenty of time to have a few adult beverages. I HATE the 11:00 am start times. Football should never be played in the morning. Never.

1st place outright will be determined by this game..... there is NO reason to stay home. Time to show CMC and the nation who we are!

• Agree
Reactions: Cypwr and GM4ISU

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
Lol, it absolutely means you’re not a good fan. No one says you have to be a good fan, it does take commitment and resources that could go elsewhere. Totally fine, but sorry, you can’t make that decision and also be labeled a good fan, or even worse, ***** about losing. I follow a lot of teams that I will never drop a dime on. Admittedly I’m not a good fan of those teams.

I’m a fan of seeing my savings grow. But I rarely invest and choose to spend money and time on other things. I’m a good investor though.

No, it's just not your definition of a good fan.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
It's at 2:30. That is huge. Warmest time of the day and plenty of time to have a few adult beverages. I HATE the 11:00 am start times. Football should never be played in the morning. Never.

1st place outright will be determined by this game..... there is NO reason to stay home. Time to show CMC and the nation who we are!

Only if TCU wins. If we win, we will be tied with the winner of the Okie St/WVU game

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Because of all the rain the last couple of weekends, I'll be coaching soccer. We are trying to work it out so I can get up there with my oldest son as well as my neighbor with his son. If we can do it we will have 4 with us. We don't have tickets yet so we will be buying them. :)

Can anyone delay the game by an hour or so! :)

Reactions: CyInDFW

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I have been trying to convince my dad if we hit the corn hard this week after work we should reward ourselves by going to the game. I think there will be a lot of farmers gone this week, but they are usually good at getting their seats filled by someone else.
Work hard/play hard. The weather in Iowa looks good this week and in to next week.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
That was definitely not the case against KU. The entire upper deck of students was empty. The Texas game wasn't much better
Not sure why you would use the KU game in a comparison when half the stadium was empty on a cold, rainy day for an 11 am kick against a bad KU team. I give everyone a pass for that one. I will say Texas could've been more full but Thursday nights are tough. Quite a bit of the rest of the upper deck had empty pockets as well.