Cousins to Vikings rumor

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
As a Vikings fan, why not spend that money on other positions and keep Keenum at a lower price? I may have not seen that Keenum wants similar money.

Charley Walter's guess today was that Keenum will sign at about half the cost of Cousins. Keenum's estimated numbers are $45 million for 3 years.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Charley Walter's guess today was that Keenum will sign at about half the cost of Cousins. Keenum's estimated numbers are $45 million for 3 years.
As a fan, would you want Keenum with other players or Cousins?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
As a fan, would you want Keenum with other players or Cousins?

I can see the argument for keeping money to re-sign the defensive guys coming up for new contracts.
But-- the Vikings have never won it. The position has been an issue since Culpepper. The window may be small for them to win it all. My vote would be to sign Cousins and go for it with the team they have now.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Ian Rappaport just said Cousins has a visit set with the Vikings.

Said the deal out there is 3 years at $28 million per year.

How much up front? How much guaranteed for injury and fully guaranteed? The devil is in the details with NFL contracts.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
How much up front? How much guaranteed for injury and fully guaranteed? The devil is in the details with NFL contracts.

Rappaport said the deal isn't done just yet so I don't think those details are available.

Everyone has been saying that it will be a fully guaranteed deal though.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Bet the other NFL owners just love the Vikings giving out 80+ million FULLY guaranteed .

Pandoras Box now open.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Wow. Vikings are going for it all next season.
Minor correction, they are going for it all over the next two to three years. This definitely givens then a defined window with how much tighter the cap will be for them now and the players that start needing to be resigned next year and the year after.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they pay out something like 23 million last year for Bradford, Bridgewater and Keenum combined? Keenum was a steal since he only had a one year, 2 million dollar contract.

Paying Cousins, who is proven and healthy, 28 million doesn't seem like that big of a leap to me.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they pay out something like 23 million last year for Bradford, Bridgewater and Keenum combined? Keenum was a steal since he only had a one year, 2 million dollar contract.

Paying Cousins, who is proven and healthy, 28 million doesn't seem like that big of a leap to me.
Agree. Cousins is very much worth it in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron