[Commitment Watch] TJ Bollers

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Seems weird to say the kid has baggage. Never seen that before. I have seen it mentioned that he doesn't dominate like you expect on the field.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I'm curious who on here has seen TJ play. Is he the real deal? Care to make a player comparison?

Javinegli

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Higher rankings typically amount to higher potential. I have seen him projected as a weak side DE in our system. Imagine a more polished Jaquan Bailey.

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
I'm curious who on here has seen TJ play. Is he the real deal? Care to make a player comparison?

I've seen him play once, against Liberty HS (North Liberty). Physically superior athlete and he wrecked the OL initially, but was pretty ineffective for rest of game (my opinion). But the fact he is a top 150 kid means people a whole lot smarter than me have seen him and are impressed, so I'll go with their assessment.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I've seen him play once, against Liberty HS (North Liberty). Physically superior athlete and he wrecked the OL initially, but was pretty ineffective for rest of game (my opinion). But the fact he is a top 150 kid means people a whole lot smarter than me have seen him and are impressed, so I'll go with their assessment.

I agree. I've seen Allen Lazard and many others play while in HS, if a team has just the one weapon it can be easy to shut them down or at least limit them. Double team a WR or DE and I don't care how good they are, they won't defeat you on their own.

BleedCycloneRed

Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
He wants to study engineering. I guess Campbell better convert him to a tight end and let him sit with all the brainiacs in that room. That group is full of academics all conference players that could sell him on the benefits of a engineering degree from ISU.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Drive the brinks truck over to where ever the hell Clear Creek Amana is and sign him. We need to get a prized in state recruit.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
If I know anything about Matt Campbell it's that he's going to put the full court press on a recruit who has baggage and isn't that good

Think again. He will be the first to tell you he’s made mistakes in recruiting. Literally every major college football coach does.

Don’t get me wrong. Not saying he can’t play. But the skills don’t match the hype. We will find a guy just as good from out of state and be fine.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This kid has baggage, isn't that good, isn't coming here, and life will go on.

Llewellyn from Urbandale is a bigger "loss."

LMAO..TJ Boilers is a 4.0 student who wants to major in Engineering...If wisc wants you at DE you are darn good...He may not come here and life we definitely go on...but your statement is not correct in any way.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This kid has baggage, isn't that good, isn't coming here, and life will go on.

Llewellyn from Urbandale is a bigger "loss."

We have 2 freshman TE's..RS frosh...Who will both be better than LIewellyn IMO..Would have liked to have gotten him but Loving-Black and Dean the staff are very very high on.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Nah. Just accept the fact he ends up at Wisconsin now, and you won't need to worry that.
Just curious, why would anyone do that?

I just always figure that I can’t read the mind of a 17 year old kid that I’ve never met, so I wait to see what happens. Makes much more sense to me.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Just curious, why would anyone do that?

I just always figure that I can’t read the mind of a 17 year old kid that I’ve never met, so I wait to see what happens. Makes much more sense to me.
This is info from recruiting experts, not me.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

I've heard the one worry is getting owned by better high school OLinemen.
I take that to mean he runs right by a lot of the people he's up against.

Awfully high rating to have that concern.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron