[Commitment Watch] TJ Bollers

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Why isn’t Iowa recruiting him? He’s right in their backyard.

From what I have read they wanted him to be a strictly hand in the ground DE. He wants to be LB. So they basically both went their separate ways. I think he does fit better as an outside backer in a 3-4.

Reactions: Peter

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I would argue that 'education' while important does not make a quality worker. 'Initiative', 'diligence', and appreciation of 'quality' have rewarded me much more as an employer than where they went to school. And, I'd further argue that the football education will be, bar none, the most important education a young man can get as it instills those very qualities. So, in the end, whom does this young man turn to to provide those necessary skills? Answer: MC!
They've done studies. Harvard, Yale, et al graduates aren't any smarter than anyone else. Talent is evenly distributed, opportunity is not.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
They've done studies. Harvard, Yale, et al graduates aren't any smarter than anyone else. Talent is evenly distributed, opportunity is not.

So Yale graduates aren’t any smarter than Upper Iowa graduates....that’s an interesting hill to die on.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
So Yale graduates aren’t any smarter than Upper Iowa graduates....that’s an interesting hill to die on.
Maybe if your going off standardized testing. It was a general statement meant to support the idea not a concrete end all.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

Care to explain? I can't think of any realm this applies.. certainly not in sports

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Care to explain? I can't think of any realm this applies.. certainly not in sports
Just because you're a poor kid from Montana, doesnt mean you are less likely to be as talented as a rich kid from Texas. It wasn't directly related to sports but another poster's idea that educational prestige isn't indicative of better quality employees.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA

I like the research that Malcolm Gladwell shared in his book Outliers. Amazon product

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Why isn’t Iowa recruiting him? He’s right in their backyard.

Iowa stopped showing interest in him, he wanted a little more love from KF than he was getting. I think ISU has a solid chance at landing him.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just because you're a poor kid from Montana, doesnt mean you are less likely to be as talented as a rich kid from Texas. It wasn't directly related to sports but another poster's idea that educational prestige isn't indicative of better quality employees.

To a point, A couple who both have 80 IQs are less likely to have a brilliant child than two geniuses in my opinion.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
To a point, A couple who both have 80 IQs are less likely to have a brilliant child than two geniuses in my opinion.
I wasn't really talking about genetics, more about statistics and I'm not really sure what that has to do with what I said?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Wasn't there an article where he was quoted saying the Iowa coaches stopped contacting him, and something about him thinking they were going to come to one of his basketball games and then didn't?

Yes. Bollers wasn’t seriously considering Iowa, so Iowa decided it would be mutually beneficial to go their separate ways. IMO that article was just a way for the Bollers’ to take some heat off TJ for not wanting to go to Iowa.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
From what I have read they wanted him to be a strictly hand in the ground DE. He wants to be LB. So they basically both went their separate ways. I think he does fit better as an outside backer in a 3-4.

This whole story was something Iowa fans made up to make themselves feel better about Bollers not prioritizing them. I can say with 100% certainty that ISU is recruiting him as a DE.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
This whole story was something Iowa fans made up to make themselves feel better about Bollers not prioritizing them. I can say with 100% certainty that ISU is recruiting him as a DE.

It doesn’t matter anyways, he’s going to Wisconsin.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Wasn't there an article where he was quoted saying the Iowa coaches stopped contacting him, and something about him thinking they were going to come to one of his basketball games and then didn't?
No lol. He wasn’t interest in them, THEN they stopped contacting him.
Yes. Bollers wasn’t seriously considering Iowa, so Iowa decided it would be mutually beneficial to go their separate ways. IMO that article was just a way for the Bollers’ to take some heat off TJ for not wanting to go to Iowa.
It’s not mutual when one person says they aren’t interest, aka Bollers told Iowa thanks but no thanks

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
No lol. He wasn’t interest in them, THEN they stopped contacting him.

It’s not mutual when one person says they aren’t interest, aka Bollers told Iowa thanks but no thanks

Ah, got it. Weird he still seemed pretty miffed that none of the Iowa coaches showed up to watch his basketball game. I do think ISU has a good chance at landing him. Would be a big get.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron