[Commitment Watch] '22 4 star DE Mario Eugenio

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I would worry more about Indiana than Michigan. Michigan is a mess with Harbaugh. Indiana will sell something similar to us. Up and coming program, coach who preaches culture, nice college town.... Hopefully his visit goes great and he feels Iowa State is home.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Until we land some of these elite talent recruits I'll have more faith in the player development part of the process. Once the 4 and 5 stars come in on a regular basis then the sky's the limit.
The PROCESS was designed in my humble opinion to provide success without a bunch of 4/5 stars in the fold. Its harder to find 4/5 stars who meet the team first requirements etc.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The PROCESS was designed in my humble opinion to provide success without a bunch of 4/5 stars in the fold. Its harder to find 4/5 stars who meet the team first requirements etc.
Fortunately, CMC has a long history of identifying kids who fit into The Process…and then become four star recruits once everyone else notices them.

Not only kids like Breece Hall and Hunter Dekkers, but also such as a CB and a QB both now at Oregon, just off the top of my head.

ajspatio19

Jun 9, 2020
Ankeny
30 years ago, this was the right recommendation. Not any more...
Exactly. Like I've seen people say on here, it has it's place and it's not bad food by any means. I just don't think it should be promoted as the pride and joy of the Ames food scene to try and sell people on the town. To me It's more of a "hey if you're in Ames for long term, Hickory Park is a good place if you want a cheap meal" kind of place

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Exactly. Like I've seen people say on here, it has it's place and it's not bad food by any means. I just don't think it should be promoted as the pride and joy of the Ames food scene to try and sell people on the town. To me It's more of a "hey if you're in Ames for long term, Hickory Park is a good place if you want a cheap meal" kind of place
To be fair, what IS the pride of Ames when it comes to food? Is there a great, can't miss restaurant in Ames? Hickory Park is loved because it's unique to Ames. Same thing with Great Plains.

ajspatio19

Jun 9, 2020
Ankeny
To be fair, what IS the pride of Ames when it comes to food? Is there a great, can't miss restaurant in Ames? Hickory Park is loved because it's unique to Ames. Same thing with Great Plains.
I think that's where it gets tough. I think Hickory Park is probably the pride of Ames for food in the sense that everyone has heard of it and most have eaten there. So if someone asks "what are some popular food places in Ames" I'd definitely include it. If someone asks "what's the best food in Ames" I can't say I'd include it on my list. But yes, based on popularity and uniqueness to Ames it probably would be considered the pride of Ames over most other places in town.

Reactions: CYTUTT

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
A gyro after you've had 17 beers.

When I was in college that answer after 17 beers was likely chili at the Tip Top, or a greasy middle of the night breakfast at the truck stop that is no longer there, or if still delivering, an equally greasy Pizza Pit pizza. My youngest is at ISU now and she always wants either food at Big Acai, The Cafe north of campus or Provisions Lot F out near the airport and business park.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron