College Gameday in Ames?

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I would add (Coaches Poll) #23 Stanford @ #17 UCF. Stanford opens with #25 NW and USC before heading to UCF in week 3. If both win their first two, that would also be an interesting match up.

Not trying to discount our game, I think we should be ahead of that one... but depending on where those two teams are ranked in the AP heading into wk 3 that one would likely be considered as well.
They will announce it last saturday or early sunday so the rankings will still be week 2 rankings

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Central campus by the campanile

Central campus is the spot IMO. The backdrop would really showcase the beauty of the campus. The only possible spot close to the stadium would be the intramural fields and that would look awful. other than the stadium in the background it is wide open and blah.

Pollard has said that if they do come, they would have it between scheman/stephens. He wants Jack Trice to be in the background.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ComCY

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I used to work with guys in Des Moines who took their talking points straight off of the Hawkeye Nation thread linked in this thread.

They were 2 extremely overweight brothers who were UNI alums, and routinely took shots at Ames, Iowa State as an institution, our entire fanbase, etc. Just the absolute worst kind of Hawk fan you can imagine.
I'm just trying to imagine 2 extremely overweight brothers like this...

mules.png

Shudder...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm just trying to imagine 2 extremely overweight brothers like this...

View attachment 65710

Shudder...

He’s svelte comparatively.

I’m not the model of male physique, but these guys were just slobs. The one who shared an office with me would loudly eat at his desk every day, spilling chipotle mayonnaise on his tie.

I hate those clowns so much.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Pollard has said that if they do come, they would have it between scheman/stephens. He wants Jack Trice to be in the background.

That would be a good spot. I also always thought that they could close down 4th street (which I think they do anyways with the busses, just leaving the entrances to the donor lots open) and have it in front of the Olsen building with the tailgating in the background. They will still show shots of the campus when they break to commercial, so there will be plenty of opportunity to showcase the campus scenery, Welch, etc. Has anyone ever attended a Gameday? Don’t they also have a second smaller stage featuring Pollack and Maria Taylor’s segments? Do they set this stage up in the same spot as the main stage or can it be in a different spot?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Just curious but when did JP say that because this is the first I've heard that referenced. With the current construction project I can't see that serving as a very good backdrop. Plus the stadium is a long ways away from that spot so what kind of a visual would you even get? Central campus is an absolute no brainer.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Just curious but when did JP say that because this is the first I've heard that referenced. With the current construction project I can't see that serving as a very good backdrop. Plus the stadium is a long ways away from that spot so what kind of a visual would you even get? Central campus is an absolute no brainer.
When he was co-hosting with Andy Fales a few weeks ago on KXNO

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

When he was co-hosting with Andy Fales a few weeks ago on KXNO

He also said it in a facebook live interview with John Walters a few weeks ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Land Shark

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

I don't think central administration wants it on central campus due to all the potential damage/tearing up it could do. How is it different than Veishea concerts they had years ago, i dunno but thats what I've been told.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I don't think central administration wants it on central campus due to all the potential damage/tearing up it could do. How is it different than Veishea concerts they had years ago, i dunno but thats what I've been told.
Central wearhouse does not want it on central campus either. They are super busy and dont need all the stuff going through them in order to get set up

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
No matter when we finally get Gameday or where they set up, I just hope they have an awesome tribute featuring the Jack Trice story during the show. That would be really cool to tell that story to the rest of the country. Our stadium’s namesake is truly historically significant.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018

Potentially, there could be a lot of vandalism if a lot of orcs show up from the east.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I disagree. As an alum I want all the sh#tbird hawkroaches OFF central campus.
YES!! Exactly right. Baby bro will be making a big mess of things, and I'm not just talking about messing in their diapers. Imagine hawkeye tattoo on his belly guy, vomiting on TV. Ugh.

Or god forbid, Kujofan showing up and starting a riot with CyTwins.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
That would be a good spot. I also always thought that they could close down 4th street (which I think they do anyways with the busses, just leaving the entrances to the donor lots open) and have it in front of the Olsen building with the tailgating in the background. They will still show shots of the campus when they break to commercial, so there will be plenty of opportunity to showcase the campus scenery, Welch, etc. Has anyone ever attended a Gameday? Don’t they also have a second smaller stage featuring Pollack and Maria Taylor’s segments? Do they set this stage up in the same spot as the main stage or can it be in a different spot?

When Gameday came to Madison a few years back they set up on campus overlooking State Street. It was pretty awkward bc the incline of the hill made it difficult to see fans in the background. UW has a horrible campus compared to ISU though so there isn't much to work with anyway. I never saw the smaller stage; no idea where they crammed that one in.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
I would add (Coaches Poll) #23 Stanford @ #17 UCF. Stanford opens with #25 NW and USC before heading to UCF in week 3. If both win their first two, that would also be an interesting match up.

Not trying to discount our game, I think we should be ahead of that one... but depending on where those two teams are ranked in the AP heading into wk 3 that one would likely be considered as well.

The only problem with that is they are going to Orlando in Week 0, tough draw to go there twice in the first 4 weeks of the season

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron