Coaching Search at UH

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I read on ESPN that Kiffin, Miles and BRILES are potential candidates. If you are Houston and you really want to be a serious candidate in future Big XII expansion talks, do you hire Briles? Should UH go with Briles, would that immediately take them off the table should expansion talks heat up sometime in the future?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I hear they're leaning towards Bart Riles instead

Ck20J8jVAAAExtH.jpg

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
I feel like Kiffen and Miles won't accept a non P5 job, but if they pay enough it could happen.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Until Briles is cleared in a courtroom of any wrong doing, not sure any school is going to hire him as a head coach and probably as an assistant. He would be too much of a distraction to his new program.

IMO his best shot to coach in the future is in the NFL as an OC. He might make a lot of sense with the LA Rams, Cleveland or Jax.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If he couldn't make it work at Rocky Top and U$C...

...which are both better jobs than this...

...though with much higher expectations, however.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia

He was only at UT for 1 or 2 years? USC was under sanctions with scholarship issues.

I am guessing he learned a lot the past few seasons with Saban and he has the potential of being a great coach. If he does not have success, this will be his last chance for a long time as a head coach.

Houston is just a stepping stone for a solid P5 job. If he is successful, he will be out the door within 2 years.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

Tenn fans loved him when he was there. What hurt him there was him pulling a Gene Chizik on them and abruptly leaving for USC. What he was building there was actually pretty good.

USC on the other hand...

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
He was only at UT for 1 or 2 years? USC was under sanctions with scholarship issues.

I am guessing he learned a lot the past few seasons with Saban and he has the potential of being a great coach. If he does not have success, this will be his last chance for a long time as a head coach.

Houston is just a stepping stone for a solid P5 job. If he is successful, he will be out the door within 2 years.

And that was supposedly what Houston was trying to avoid happening again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron