Coach Prime

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Both. By my count, 10 of the 42 commits are below 3-star. Their days are numbered
Nah. They had at least 12 players transfer out either during the season or after Deion showed up and I’m sure that’s not all he’ll run off. Virtually all of the HS guys committed after he came, they aren’t going anywhere. Then 23 transfers (7 from Jackson State) that presumably most would be enrolled already. And I’m sure his son isn’t taking up a scholarship either. He’s simply going to turn over ~50% of the total scholarship allotment in one season.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Offering blow and hookers. The grifting is just getting started. NIL is a bad dream come true for this guy.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Tired of his ****....be fun to watch it all implode

Will it though with the new all is legal NIL? I'm assuming he can hire actual coaches to help him with game management though he had a good record at his last stop.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I usually don't really care one way or the other about most teams, but man I hope he crashes and burns hard, he only ever seems like a douchebag.
Seems like that volume of players leaving after the Spring game is something.
I know I'd be shocked if that happened here.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

Pretty bizarre to see this after spring game

I watch alot of the content his son puts out on YouTube about Deion and the program and I will say, his message is very clear and on point and I think he's a great coach from a motivator stand point. He will instill a culture, no doubt.

My question with him would be the x's and o's but if he can hire guys to do that I think he'll be fine.

I'm not for or against him, really. Don't really care- but for those of you calling it a clown show and think he's a douchebag for whatever reason- his message is really strong with the kids.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Seems like that volume of players leaving after the Spring game is something.
I know I'd be shocked if that happened here.
That volume wouldn't happen at ISU, but with portal & NIL nothing surprises me on kids leaving.

It wouldn't surprise me if Elite teams or teams with a lot of NIL cash aren't scouting spring games for talent. CU's spring game was on ESPN Saturday. The Craig kid was CU's returning reception leader and had a monster spring game. Could he have gotten a better offer?

Reactions: drlove

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

Pretty bizarre to see this after spring game

I watch alot of the content his son puts out on YouTube about Deion and the program and I will say, his message is very clear and on point and I think he's a great coach from a motivator stand point. He will instill a culture, no doubt.

My question with him would be the x's and o's but if he can hire guys to do that I think he'll be fine.

I'm not for or against him, really. Don't really care- but for those of you calling it a clown show and think he's a douchebag for whatever reason- his message is really strong with the kids.

He'll win there and move on up the chain. He knows what he doesn't know and understands his weaknesses pretty well, I think.

His DC was co-DC at Bama and his OC was head coach for a Kent State team that did really well in the MAC and scored a bunch of points. He's also got some NFL guys on the staff.

He'll get kids there and then let his staff coach them up.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I usually don't really care one way or the other about most teams, but man I hope he crashes and burns hard, he only ever seems like a douchebag.

I just think it was a real **** move to show up at CU and basically tell the kids that were already on the team that they should think about moving on since he was going to bring in his own players.

I am sure some of those players were great kids, hard workers and maybe dreamed of playing for the Buffs.

You would think Coach Prime would at least take some time to meet them and evaluate them before running them off.

So I am fine with him reaping what he sows.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I just think it was a real **** move to show up at CU and basically tell the kids that were already on the team that they should think about moving on since he was going to bring in his own players.

I am sure some of those players were great kids, hard workers and maybe dreamed of playing for the Buffs.

You would think Coach Prime would at least take some time to meet them and evaluate them before running them off.

So I am fine with him reaping what he sows.
So, work harder and beat out the kids he's bringing?

I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with what he said. If you knew your job was at stake, wouldn't you push harder to keep it and/or earn it?

It's just a coaching tactic.