Coach Prime

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
i dont understand the deion hate. doesnt make any sense to me.

the dude is just getting rid of all the Bs and fluffing around college football.

this **** happens. even at iowa state. they just dont video tape it

I just think it's kind of hypocritical - the flamboyant guy who wore durags, chains, rings, etc. and was all about projecting that image now tells his players they can't do the same thing.

I get why he's doing it and most coaches do it, it just seems weird coming from him.

1670515496007.png 1670515523504.png

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
There was a report earlier that Zimmer said he wasn't interested. I believe Deion might have wanted him though.

Of course he wasn't interested, only a ******* moron would think he'd take a college DC job. If he wants to be a full time coach, it sure as hell isn't going to be at the college level, the man can have pretty much any DC job in the NFL he wants.

I don't think Sanders will stick around Colorado long enough to be successful there. I don't think he's going to suck, which is about the only way he doesn't get the FSU head coaching gig in the next two years.

• Agree
Reactions: cyIclSoneU

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Of course he wasn't interested, only a ******* moron would think he'd take a college DC job. If he wants to be a full time coach, it sure as hell isn't going to be at the college level, the man can have pretty much any DC job in the NFL he wants.

I don't think Sanders will stick around Colorado long enough to be successful there. I don't think he's going to suck, which is about the only way he doesn't get the FSU head coaching gig in the next two years.
FSU went 9-3, they'll be a top 20 preseason team next year, I don't think that job will be open in the next two years.

It's more likely Prime is trying to coach his kid in the NFL in two years than be at FSU.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Norvell is doing a really good job at FSU. I can't see that job coming open unless he leaves on his own which isn't terribly likely.

Reactions: Drew0311

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
I just think it's kind of hypocritical - the flamboyant guy who wore durags, chains, rings, etc. and was all about projecting that image now tells his players they can't do the same thing.

I get why he's doing it and most coaches do it, it just seems weird coming from him.

View attachment 106586 View attachment 106587
These pictures you posted are just pictures of him..not him in a team meeting or really even in a football setting.

He has also never said the guys can’t wear durags, chains, rings etc. and express themselves or “project an image” (whatever that means).

I’m not sure why this is such a hard concept for some of you to understand. He has said IN MEETINGS players can’t wear hats, hoods, or jewelry. He had never said outside of meetings (for example, in the football facility, outside of the football facility, etc.) players can’t wear hats, hoods, durags, chains, rings, have tattoos or wear their hair a certain way etc. to express themselves.

When I played we had much of the same standards. No hats or cell phones in meetings, sit up straight in your chair. Sit in the front row in classes and show up to class early. No jewelry on in the weight room or on the practice field.

The standards Deion is putting in place are not out of the ordinary for any other P5 program

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

I think that is right but if Deion could pay Zimmer comparable money to an NFL DC, give him 100% coaching autonomy over the defensive side of the ball and defensive assistants, and tell him that he doesn't have to do any recruiting, maybe that would be attractive to Zimmer. If he preferred the college game to NFL, that would be as good as it could get for him.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
FSU went 9-3, they'll be a top 20 preseason team next year, I don't think that job will be open in the next two years.

It's more likely Prime is trying to coach his kid in the NFL in two years than be at FSU.
Norvell is doing a really good job at FSU. I can't see that job coming open unless he leaves on his own which isn't terribly likely.

He did ok, lets see how that 9-3 works out for him with the fanbase if Deion is remotely successful at Colorado.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I think the guy can coach…. But they were the worst 9-3 team this year and didn’t look that great for many games. He’s also going to need to pick up the recruiting a bit.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
He did ok, lets see how that 9-3 works out for him with the fanbase if Deion is remotely successful at Colorado.
You're right. I didn't factor in the completely unrealistic expectations they roll with down there.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I thought he was bringing Louis with him? 58th ranked class. Nice transfers from West Virginia and Clemson, but also transfers from Dartmouth, Missouri State and Kent State.

So basically his class is similar to what he brought in at JSU, but instead of playing in a bad FCS conference he's going to be in the PAC.

I hope people are a little patient. I think he will up their talent, but no matter what he does he will never achieve the talent disparity he enjoyed week after week in JSU.

It's hard to quantify, but for ISU fans to relate, I think SEMO would be BIG favorites over every one of JSUs opponents this year.

• Wow
Reactions: Acylum

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
So basically his class is similar to what he brought in at JSU, but instead of playing in a bad FCS conference he's going to be in the PAC.

I hope people are a little patient. I think he will up their talent, but no matter what he does he will never achieve the talent disparity he enjoyed week after week in JSU.

It's hard to quantify, but for ISU fans to relate, I think SEMO would be BIG favorites over every one of JSUs opponents this year.
Jackson State itself wouldn't have been competitive against any of the Top 8 in the Valley, would've had a competitive game with South Dakota and been in close games with Indiana State and Western Illinois. It's hard to quantify just how bad the SWAC is.

The SWAC and MEAC choose the Celebration Bowl for money but not being exposed in the first round of the playoffs every year is a nice consolation prize.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Jackson State itself wouldn't have been competitive against any of the Top 8 in the Valley, would've had a competitive game with South Dakota and been in close games with Indiana State and Western Illinois. It's hard to quantify just how bad the SWAC is.

The SWAC and MEAC choose the Celebration Bowl for money but not being exposed in the first round of the playoffs every year is a nice consolation prize.
It's hard to tell exactly because SWAC and MEAC teams don't venture out much, but Campbell is a middle of the pack Big South team, so they aren't very good, and they played the two Celebration Bowl participants. They smoked UNC Central and barely lost to JSU.

It's hard to say exactly how well JSU would do in the Valley, but I think it is safe to say they would be mid- to lower half. And that's after having a couple recruiting classes that would be lower tier P5 to good G5 level. Since I have a relative playing for SDSU I've followed FCS a lot more the past few years, but I'm no expert by any means. But I can say with a fair amount of confidence that JSU would probably get completely destroyed by SDSU and NDSU.

So yes, you still have to get guys there, and you still have to coach that talent. But it's really hard to conclude a whole lot from Sanders' success at JSU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron