Clones vs Bears

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
Sad but true.. wouldn't surprise me one bit of he came out and blamed Emily in the post game presser.. that is something that bill needs to STOP doing.. NOW. it really loses its effectiveness if you constantly call out players..
I have not caught all post game interviews. Has Fennely done this recently?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not really sure who's delusional here, the people upset by a 40 point loss at Baylor, or the people who are somehow ok with it.

Meh, not upset or okay with it. It's just the way things are now and have been trending to for the last five years or so. Nothing I can do about it. I am less inclined to go down to games and have to rent a hotel etc when I can just watch on Cyclone.TV.

Not as optimistic about next year as some. Maybe back to a one and done marginal NCAA team but that is the ceiling IMHO. For all of the recruiting talk the product on the court is pretty mediocre. The fan base is more like a Bill program cult than a demanding basketball fan base so nothing is going to threaten his position. The staff can live off of it's reputation for another 5-6 years unless Bill decides on his own to retire. The only thing I have control over is my expectations and I have adjusted them down to pretty much nothing.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Bill is not going to get fired or quit anytime soon but it way past time to make at least one staff change and hire someone who is not a former BF player, family member, or married to a former BF player. Preferably a Brenda Frese or Robin Pingeton type. If he is not willing to at least make one change, then he truly is stubborn and not fully vested in improving results.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

SMP05

Oct 10, 2015
I watched the first half... ugh... then flipped over and watched a really great game between Texas and Oklahoma St. The difference that is very noticeable between the two games is mainly ball movement... In the first quarter it looked as though we were running new plays to try to get open people and couldn't hit a shot, so we went back to the old "everyone-stand-around-the-3-point-arch-until-a-post-player-takes-a-3-pointer". I truly believe our players are better than what we see on the court... is it the missing true point guard? I don't know, but as a freshman Mere Burkhall had standout games where she alone shut done the post players from Texas and Baylor, right?! So, what is different for her now? I am at a loss... I should note that I did not expect to win vs Baylor, but I though we should have scored more than 16 points in the first half.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
In no way do I want a Bluder disciple leading our wbb program.

Not a Bluder fan at all, but Baranzyk(Spelling), can coach. But nothing is changing until Bill retires. ISU isn't going to fire the only winning coach WBB has ever had. (Not sure about that statement but definitely the only one to have any success on the national stage.)

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
In no way do I want a Bluder disciple leading our wbb program.

Then you don't care about results. She is not a Bluder disciple. She played at Iowa. However, she is a really good coach. Runs a different offense than Iowa. She can get better talent. Treats the players the right away. Would be a home run hire and if Iowa get's her. They will kick our ass for the next how many years. Just like Drake did to us. That was not a fluke.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Sometimes a program simply needs to move on despite the past results of a coach that lifted the program out of the mud. I am a CBF fan...have been since he started. But what results over the past 3-4 years give optimism that the program is heading in the right direction? Fan support for the program...check. University support for the program...check. Talented players...check. Results...crickets.

The university (Athletic Director) obviously has the ability to hire coaches that get results. CBF obviously loves what he does...I'm just not sure if CBF can see past his past results to see that what is out there right now isn't working. You can't stand around in today's fast paced game. You can't play a finesse game when other teams are physically manhandling your team and the refs don't call the fouls because this is "how the game is now played." If he can't change, maybe it is time to transition the team to another that will.

Sometimes the fear of the unknown prevents you from trying something new...loyalty is great, until it prevents you from being your best.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I guess I'll keep watching for the off chance the JP is there and might come out of the stands and fire BF on the spot. I was on the fence about BF, not anymore, time to move on!

I posted yesterday my thoughts on BF but, for the love of all things, let's not do what Tech just did. I get that it was a bad game etc. but, you cannot fire BF in the middle of a season or use games with Baylor as a reason to make a change!! No one looks good when they play them and I would bet a lot of money that no Big 12 team will touch them.

• Agree
Reactions: acoustimac

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I don't think it's a situation where you fire him mid season. He does not deserve that. We owe him better than that. However, if he thinks he is going to pull a Bill Snyder and strong arm us into hiring his son as his replacement. I would think JP has explained that it won't happen anytime also.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron