Clemson and virus spread...wow!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, if the "can't get it twice" theory holds true they will be at a competitive advantage this fall as far as losing players to quarantine. :oops:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I think I'll wait for a source that's a little more definitive than that. There were cases in Korea (I think) where remaining fragments of dead virus caused positive results later on.

To the Clemson topic, it would not surprise me if some teams (or the players, taking it upon themselves) see the competitive advantage of already having had it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I really hope it doesn't happen, but all it's going to take is one athlete getting it and passing away, and football is done for the year. The negative PR would be massive. Really hope that doesn't happen, but it's definitely a discussion that each school has probably had.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I really hope it doesn't happen, but all it's going to take is one athlete getting it and passing away, and football is done for the year. The negative PR would be massive. Really hope that doesn't happen, but it's definitely a discussion that each school has probably had.

I doubt it takes that.

NBA and baseball will fail first.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I doubt it takes that.

NBA and baseball will fail first.

I'm a huge golf fan and really want the PGA to succeed but they're already having problems. I hope they can figure out better protocols. If golf fails I'm seriously worried about other sports.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm a huge golf can and really want the PGA to succeed but they're already having problems. I hope they can figure out better protocols. If golf fails I'm seriously worried about other sports.

Yeah if the sport that requires no contact with anyone at any time including equipment can't work, I'm not sure how you do anything else for now.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
For reference purposes

kayla-braxton-hot-looks-pics.jpg

Reactions: BigCyFan and Cyched

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I still think we're dreaming if we think there will be college football this fall.

Maybe without fans is still a possibility, but even that possibility is shrinking every day.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think I'll wait for a source that's a little more definitive than that. There were cases in Korea (I think) where remaining fragments of dead virus caused positive results later on.

To the Clemson topic, it would not surprise me if some teams (or the players, taking it upon themselves) see the competitive advantage of already having had it.

Yep and if more people were infected twice we'd hear more about it.

I was having chest discomfort for a solid month after quarantining from when I likely had it and wonder if I would have tested positive for a while.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I'm a huge golf fan and really want the PGA to succeed but they're already having problems. I hope they can figure out better protocols. If golf fails I'm seriously worried about other sports.

Seems their protocols worked. Several people tested positive and dropped out, some due to positive tests some due to contact. I guess we'll see in the next week or two whether those few positive tests turn into a lot.

You're not going to prevent all positive tests, the goal is to avoid having the virus spread rampant throughout your competitors.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Seems their protocols worked. Several people tested positive and dropped out, some due to positive tests some due to contact. I guess we'll see in the next week or two whether those few positive tests turn into a lot.

You're not going to prevent all positive tests, the goal is to avoid having the virus spread rampant throughout your competitors.
Maybe I’m missing some here but isn’t this the whole point? How is PGA “failing” if their protocols are detecting who has it, whose been exposed and thus preventing those from competing? Ok, some some won’t be able to compete. But that’s the way it is for now so take it or leave it.