Chicago Invitational Moved To UIC Pavilion

colseyp88

Nov 15, 2007
Re: MBB tourney in Chicago (Nov. 27 & 28) cancelled

The tournament at the Sears Center got cancelled, but they moved it to the UIC pavilion downtown. If you had tickets for the sears center they gave your money back minus $4.50 a ticket. The tickets for the UIC Pavilion went on sale last friday on ticketmaster. I just recieved mine in the mail yesterday.

CycloneChris

Jan 28, 2009
Chicago suburbs

This is Ticketmaster cancelling the event tickets that were sold for the Sears Centre.

The event is taking place at the UIC Pavillion and tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster. Tickets went on sale on Friday.

Personally, it's too bad it was moved to the Pavillion. Thanksgiving weekend downtown? No thanks.

schidj

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

I am very happy about the move, I live 10 minutes from UIC.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

These tickets seem less expensive than the Sears Centre ones. Am I reading that correctly?

Yes.

We're not going to make the trip now though. We had a great rate on a good hotel next to the Sears Center. Now with it downtown and closer to the date (and a holiday weekend), we can't get the discounted rooms we normally do. Plus, we had family in Rockford when we bought the tickets that was also going with us that is now moving to DSM.

Would have been fun, but we're gonna make the trip for the ISU-Duke game, so it'll balance out.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Yes.

We're not going to make the trip now though. We had a great rate on a good hotel next to the Sears Center. Now with it downtown and closer to the date (and a holiday weekend), we can't get the discounted rooms we normally do. Plus, we had family in Rockford when we bought the tickets that was also going with us that is now moving to DSM.

Would have been fun, but we're gonna make the trip for the ISU-Duke game, so it'll balance out.

I'm torn. We have family in Schaumburg, and figured we could either stay with them or get decent rates at the Holiday Inn Express, and have everything within just a few minutes drive.

I'm torn. I have paid time off from work starting Wednesday morning all the way through Saturday, so I can make this fit into my schedule. Downtown is wayyyyy out of the way.