Charges Dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Do you still sit him? Does Fred want players to have 5 police calls to their place? Up at 3:30am on a Wednesday night?

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play and I'm OK with that.

What in the world does him staying up until 3:30 have anything to do with it? Apparently, you've never gone to college and stayed up late, perhaps celebrating the completion of your last final? Besides, there's no evidence he was actually smoking as it could have been the guests only. Bottom line: you don't know.

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
A suspension for a noise violation would be ridiculous and unwarranted. Obviously, his place has pattern of being noisy. I'm guessing that being arrested will wake him up to how serious this could have been for him. I bet he keeps his radio at a reasonable volume through the rest of the season.
Milton.png

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I think BDJ would have a shorter leash if he wasn't a graduate transfer. I don't think any suspension would be fair or appropriate but if Fred were to not play him, that couldn't be argued with.

we'll find out soon enough. But BDJ's status isn't the lone consideration. Factor Thomas and Nader were both suspended. If BDJ is in fact a (known) problem for the staff - and say Matt and Abdel are otherwise upstanding kids off the court - how does Fred maintain authority and the respect of his team by not acting? If that's all accurate.

Otherwise - I'm sure there are TONS of things that happen within the teams that we never know about. For all we know BDJ may be practicing with the long distance runners for the remainder of the season. The publicity of this incident and the fact it brought to light prior issues may force Fred's hand somewhat...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What in the world does him staying up until 3:30 have anything to do with it? Apparently, you've never gone to college and stayed up late, perhaps celebrating the completion of your last final? Besides, there's no evidence he was actually smoking as it could have been the guests only. Bottom line: you don't know.

My college roommates weren't athletes, didn't smoke pot and graduated with honors, but still stayed up till 3-4 am every night and somehow rarely had classes or exams before noon.

I had a mandatory M-W-F studio class from 8-10 for four years straight with a letter grade docked after 3 absences. College is a wildly different place in terms of responsibilities depending on your major and it doesn't even have to be about athletes. I was typically waking up at 6 or 7 just after my roommates went to bed...yet somehow they all graduated with good gpa.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
clearly Fred needs to wait to act until Mon when everything is official.

Yep - sleep on it for a night or two. Better yet - wait til the Drake game and have McKay find out if there are any pre-law on the Bulldogs and get their viewpoint.

VegasFan

Dec 4, 2014
Hey everyone. My first post. Just wanted to share some thoughts on Bryce from our experiences with him at UNLV.

There were several incidents at UNLV like this. Not necessarily drug related but little things where he would be benched for a half. He would respond in the short term with focused and great play but obviously this type of discipline wasn't effective in the long run. I was really excited for ISU and Bryce that he was flourishing this year. Hope this doesn't derail things too much.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Yeah, 3:30AM in college is like midnight for those of us that are older and out of it. Its still getting late but not exactly uncommon to be up that late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron