Charges Dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Another thread? I guess this one has more purpose the the others though. Glad to see this, he still may be out for the game tomorrow though. I guess we will see.

I don't think someone should be suspended for a noise violation. If there isn't evidence, then the charge is bogus IMO.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I'm hoping there's no slush fund associated with the athletic program.

But if there is a slush fund then there's no better use of funds

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Do you still sit him? Does Fred want players to have 5 police calls to their place? Up at 3:30am on a Wednesday night?

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play and I'm OK with that.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Do you still sit him? Does Fred want players to have 5 police calls to their place? Up at 3:30am on a Wednesday night?

We're all still holding out for a possible Woodbury vs Tsalmpouris battle in the starting lineup.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

No, you don't. If he has no charges how can you do anything to him? Fred is better than that. Besides, he has to spend a few hours in Iowa City tomorrow night, that's almost like jail.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
No, you don't. If he has no charges how can you do anything to him? Fred is better than that.

1) Aren't the noise issues still in play?
2) Fred isn't handcuffed by the legalities of the situation. 5 calls to BDJ's apartment. Staff has already been involved to smooth things over. Coach may simply punish him for enough being enough. Not saying he will or should. But it's certainly not out of the question because the court didn't go forward.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I would personally still suspend him if the reports are true that he had plenty of chances with the noise complaints... give him a suspension for not respecting authority and being stupid. With the way ISU recruits transfers (some of which are on their 2nd or 3rd change), i don't think we want to start a precedent that it's ok as long as you are not charged with anything. Just my 2 cents.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I would be surprised if he plays the next couple games. This has to be some kind of a violation of team rules. Fred will not take his cues for how to handle this from the school to the east.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
1) Aren't the noise issues still in play?
2) Fred isn't handcuffed by the legalities of the situation. 5 calls to BDJ's apartment. Staff has already been involved to smooth things over. Coach may simply punish him for enough being enough. Not saying he will or should. But it's certainly not out of the question because the court didn't go forward.

I think BDJ would have a shorter leash if he wasn't a graduate transfer. I don't think any suspension would be fair or appropriate but if Fred were to not play him, that couldn't be argued with.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
No, you don't. If he has no charges how can you do anything to him? Fred is better than that. Besides, he has to spend a few hours in Iowa City tomorrow night, that's almost like jail.

Who's talking about charges now. It is about the dreaded "team rules". Wouldn't shock me if those have been violated one way or another.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
With the drug charges dropped I think the only punishment I'd give him is having him start the game on the bench and reducing his minutes for the next few games. It seems kinda weak to suspend him for a noise charge.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
With the drug charges dropped I think the only punishment I'd give him is having him start the game on the bench and reducing his minutes for the next few games. It seems kinda weak to suspend him for a noise charge.

Reduce his minutes for a few games for being up late and loud?

Status
Not open for further replies.