CFTV: Nate Scheelhaase/WR fall camp update

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
You could tell Scheelhasse was trying not to laugh at Randy’s routes or open spaces question. He’s a ******* moron

Reactions: Scott34

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Loved the way he jumped all over the question about "competition" between the WR's and TE's. Coach Nate has quickly become one of my favorites. He sat at our table at Cy's House of Trivia and was the same way. Straight-forward, well-reasoned responses to every question. And a very pleasant guy to talk to.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Can someone tell me more about what it means to have the fastest 400 time in Iowa? Was that done in an official timed event? Or just during workouts?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Can someone tell me more about what it means to have the fastest 400 time in Iowa? Was that done in an official timed event? Or just during workouts?
The Iowa state championship meet 400m title this Spring. Darien Porter.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You could tell Scheelhasse was trying not to laugh at Randy’s routes or open spaces question. He’s a ******* moron
Not really. I think that he was trying to ask about the ability to run to open spaces—which is something a receiver traditionally does when the quarterback is flushed out of the pocket and scrambling. He didn’t phrase it well—but not a moronic question.

Assuming, of course, that Hakeem “found open spaces” well when Brock was scrambling. :rolleyes:

Personally, I’d just rather Brock not constantly get flushed out of the pocket, the way that Seneca did his senior year.

I’m thinking Randy is getting close to retirement.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Loved the way he jumped all over the question about "competition" between the WR's and TE's.
That interview was chock full of gems, and that segment might have been the best—up there with the closing comments on Brock Purdy.

I think Nate is going to make someone a great head coach one day. My only question is how long—and how many positions we can rotate him through—before he jumps to a Coordinator position.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That interview was chock full of gems, and that segment might have been the best—up there with the closing comments on Brock Purdy.

I think Nate is going to make someone a great head coach one day. My only question is how long—and how many positions we can rotate him through—before he jumps to a Coordinator position.

Hopefully, we can rotate him through all of our coaching positions on offense ... and maybe someday become our head coach. Really high on him.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Not really. I think that he was trying to ask about the ability to run to open spaces—which is something a receiver traditionally does when the quarterback is flushed out of the pocket and scrambling. He didn’t phrase it well—but not a moronic question.

Assuming, of course, that Hakeem “found open spaces” well when Brock was scrambling. :rolleyes:

Personally, I’d just rather Brock not constantly get flushed out of the pocket, the way that Seneca did his senior year.

I’m thinking Randy is getting close to retirement.
What you said makes sense but I honestly don’t think that’s what Randy meant

Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What you said makes sense but I honestly don’t think that’s what Randy meant
I was trying to be nice. I’m honestly not sure Randy’s questions are coming out quite the way he envisions them these days. I’m not going to speculate on a public board about why that might be. And CW thinks he’s a great guy.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Maybe it’s just me, but I think we’re all going to see the wide receivers as a team strength by mid season. And just imagine how we’re going to be looking at this group, this time next year?

• Agree
Reactions: knowlesjam

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Nate's obviously a well spoken guy and you can see why he can relate to recruits.
Loved how his eyes lit up when asked about Purdy--"That dude demands greatness".

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and peteypie

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007

It means he's fast. ;)

One of the best all around athletes in the state last year.

At the state meet he ran:

46.99 400 meter dash - All time record
46.6 Split in the sprint medley - (all time medley team record)
21.76 200 meter - First place
10.97 100 meter dash - Second place

Edit: I hate when I don't notice that a thread is resurrected. Old news now.

Last edited:

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Yep....Nate is a good example of CMC finding someone that fits the culture, is skilled, can connect with players, etc.....and why assistant salaries are so important! Hopefully we are able to keep promoting him as appropriate, etc, but certainly could see in a year or two him getting a shot as an OC at a smaller school (or heck, bigger school).