Can we do it?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Can this team win 9 or 10 conference games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Well you didn’t see us winning against Villanova and Carolina, if you did and laid money on it then hats off
I had us 1-2 in the PKI, and 2-1 against St John's, Iowa, and Missouri. If we can hold serve with the 3 slappys we still face and beat Missouri, we'll be one game ahead of my prediction

Reactions: CycloneVet

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Many teams throughout the country this year are going to have like 17 or18 wins and make the tourney.

Lots of pedestrian hoops being played. Watch Tech last night they had 40 free throw attempts and barely beat a SWAC school.

Big 12 is not as good as last year.

Most teams are not going to hit 54% of their 3's in a game it happens.

Think they make tourney.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyBobby

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Many teams throughout the country this year are going to have like 17 or18 wins and make the tourney.

Lots of pedestrian hoops being played. Watch Tech last night they had 40 free throw attempts and barely beat a SWAC school.

Big 12 is not as good as last year.

Most teams are not going to hit 54% of their 3's in a game it happens.

Think they make tourney.
I think Iowa makes it too after tonight. Turns out they can win without Murray. Granted, they are not going to hit 50%+ from 3 very often

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I think Iowa makes it too after tonight. Turns out they can win without Murray. Granted, they are not going to hit 50%+ from 3 very often
Iowa most definitely will make it. I think 95% of people figured they would before the season started. They are probably a 22ish regular season win team with a 7 seed on their head.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Think i predicted 9-3 non con, 7 wins in the Big 12 and one win in KC, for 17-15. Don't think I've seen anything this season to change my mind yet.
I predicted .500 team - and still do. Counting on Tre King yo get us there.
The future is bright. Next year we got some offense coming. You have score occasionally.

• Winner
Reactions: Big_Sill

Jriddge28

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 19, 2020
Really hard to predict after a weird game full of outliers. Is this a burn the tape and move on game or did we get exposed? If it’s the latter, a tourney trip seems much further away.

Iowa hit everything which hurts us on both ends of the court. We really struggle in a half court offense after opponents score, which was most of last night. Also seems like the defensive scheme is taking us out of position for rebounds. I don’t remember that being as obvious last year?(besides against physically superior teams like TT)

It’s going to be interesting to see if Osuniyi can adjust to Power 5 physicality. He hasn’t so far, and that’s also lowered our ceiling a bit.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Really hard to predict after a weird game full of outliers. Is this a burn the tape and move on game or did we get exposed? If it’s the latter, a tourney trip seems much further away.

Iowa hit everything which hurts us on both ends of the court. We really struggle in a half court offense after opponents score, which was most of last night. Also seems like the defensive scheme is taking us out of position for rebounds. I don’t remember that being as obvious last year?(besides against physically superior teams like TT)

It’s going to be interesting to see if Osuniyi can adjust to Power 5 physicality. He hasn’t so far, and that’s also lowered our ceiling a bit.

Several teams this year have at least gotten good looks at the perimeter due to skip passes or inside/out.

Iowa did that last night but ISU wasn't even chasing the ball out.

It will be interesting to see if they can really fix it as the season goes on.

• Agree
Reactions: Jriddge28

Ron Falenschek

Nov 5, 2020
Do we have offensive sets? We telegraph passes around the perimeter for chrissakes. I get the defensive tough guy schtick, but when you have zero offensive plans it doesn't really work to just flop on the ground for charges and get up in players' faces. The good ones simply go around. Think we were totally exposed. TJ needs to hire an offensive coordinator.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Do we have offensive sets? We telegraph passes around the perimeter for chrissakes. I get the defensive tough guy schtick, but when you have zero offensive plans it doesn't really work to just flop on the ground for charges and get up in players' faces. The good ones simply go around. Think we were totally exposed. TJ needs to hire an offensive coordinator.

I think they do but last night they really got out of that and forced things. Lots of drives that weren't there or too much dribbling.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There will be no “sneaking” if we get to 9 conference wins. Given the non-con resume, assuming we take care of business, 8 will probably even be comfortable.
You’re right

Reactions: exCYtable

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There will be no “sneaking” if we get to 9 conference wins. Given the non-con resume, assuming we take care of business, 8 will probably even be comfortable.

I would think that will need some good away wins.