Can we do it?

Can this team win 9 or 10 conference games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If the Big 12 isn’t as tough, then that just makes it less likely 8-10 in conference gets it done.
Not as tough doesn't necessarily make it not be the top conference again. It has been head and shoulders above other conferences. This year I'm guessing it will be neck and neck with another one (possibly the Big Ten)?

• Winner
Reactions: CloniesForLife

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I'd say we can't shoot worse, but we can....senior night last year was an example. If we could average 7-8 threes per game, I'd feel a lot better...we couldn't hit the broadside of a barn tonight
I hope I am wrong but I don't think this team is Physical Enough to compete in a power conference! JUST MY OPINION @ this point in time.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Several teams this year have at least gotten good looks at the perimeter due to skip passes or inside/out.

Iowa did that last night but ISU wasn't even chasing the ball out.

It will be interesting to see if they can really fix it as the season goes on.
I AGREE it will be interesting...The defense has to improve along with rebounding and shooting!
We just are not as physical as most teams!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I predicted .500 team - and still do. Counting on Tre King yo get us there.
The future is bright. Next year we got some offense coming. You have score occasionally.
I really hope Tre can stem the tide for us offensively some. I'm a little concerned he will just be more of the same. If he can be Hason Ward with a jump shot and a little handle, he will be pretty good I think.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
If we all knew how the first three minutes of each game would go, we would be able to accurately answer the question. There is so much up and down with this team, they could go one extreme or the other right now.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I had us 1-2 in the PKI, and 2-1 against St John's, Iowa, and Missouri. If we can hold serve with the 3 slappys we still face and beat Missouri, we'll be one game ahead of my prediction
I had basically the same prediction but I didn't think Nova and Carolina would be a combined 9-9 right now.
Who the hell knows what St Johns is, their best win might be Nebraska.
Iowa looks like a 8-9 NCAA seed team.
Mizzou's best win is a bad Wichita and hasn't played else with a pulse.

So needless to say our noncon this year isn't doing us any favors and our next 3 games are brutally bad teams.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Playing without Murray was the definition of house money.
Such a weird way to motivate your team. I am guessing Kris could have played last night. Fran pulls out all the stops when it comes to the Cy-Hawk.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Beat Missouri in CoMo and 8-10 will get ya in
It probably would, but 8-10 will be very difficult for this team. I predicted 7-11 prior to the season, and while I think that is attainable, I think it might be best case scenario.

Reactions: CyBobby

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I had basically the same prediction but I didn't think Nova and Carolina would be a combined 9-9 right now.

So needless to say our noncon this year isn't doing us any favors and our next 3 games are brutally bad teams.
UNC and Villanova have not been impressive. But those are blue blood programs and by all means, those wins should look pretty good come March. St Johns will be a fringe bubble team I think, probably on the outside looking in come March if I had to make a prediction now. Agree, Iowa is firmly in the field. Would've been a great one to get last night. Mizzou will be at worst a Q2 win if we can get it. They are 9-0, but like you said, haven't really played anyone. Kind of hoping they are legit and we can beat them in their home gym.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Such a weird way to motivate your team. I am guessing Kris could have played last night. Fran pulls out all the stops when it comes to the Cy-Hawk.

KCRG has it as a top headline today. They never reported last year's game.

They've gotta keep that big fish/small pond thing going.

I'm sure Randy was relieved last night too.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Many teams have played out of the mind after just finding out about losing their best player. It forces others to not defer to that guy. But normally that is a 1 game adrenaline rush, its the 2nd game where you often see the affects of losing you best player. Sunday will be an interesting game for Iowa, but it is at home and that should help

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Many teams have played out of the mind after just finding out about losing their best player. It forces others to not defer to that guy. But normally that is a 1 game adrenaline rush, its the 2nd game where you often see the affects of losing you best player. Sunday will be an interesting game for Iowa, but it is at home and that should help
I think Murray is slightly dinged, but I think it was overplayed last night and I do think he suits up for them vs Wisky on Sunday.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
A lot of overreacting to a bad loss in this thread. This team is still solidly in a position to make the tournament assuming they don't mess up one of their last 2 gimmes. They will have no bad losses and at least 1, and probably 2, quad 1 wins from their non-con at the end of the year and nothing but opportunity for more quality wins in the conference. I think 7 wins gets in for sure, and maybe even 6 if they can win 1 down in KC. Honestly the non-con was about as good as anyone could hope for, and now we have the potential to add some additional scoring punch with Tre King.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles

I think St Johns is going to be a solid group, they smoke Depaul, a team Okie State struggled with.
The Big East is a strong conference, but thinking that could be a pretty solid win by years end especially if they pull off a couple of upsets.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't think he plays until they go against Nebraska end of the month.
We will find out I guess. I have this conspiracy theory going that this whole Murray thing was a diabolical motivational tactic by Fran, mean to pump his guys up for one game against the big in-state rival.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron