Can Read Several Posts and Then Backs Up to Post It Started With

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
When I open a thread, I can read three, four, five, or more posts, depending on length, and then the cursor jumps back to the first post I started with and I have to scroll down past the posts I just read. This happens on the Chrome PC browser and on an Android phone running the Chrome browser. Its been like this for months, assuming the problem would be fixed, but it it doesn't appear to getting fixed.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
When I open a thread, I can read three, four, five, or more posts, depending on length, and then the cursor jumps back to the first post I started with and I have to scroll down past the posts I just read. This happens on the Chrome PC browser and on an Android phone running the Chrome browser. Its been like this for months, assuming the problem would be fixed, but it it doesn't appear to getting fixed.
I've had this issue intermittently for months on Firefox for iPad. It's most annoying when you're composing a post. It doesn't happen with an ad blocker or on Mac OS, SFAICT.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Yes, happens on my iphone too. I'll be typing a reply and all of a sudden the page jumps to the top of the screen.
We'll see if this even gets addressed. My last reported problem from several months ago, where CF forums cause the CPU fan to kick on and stay on was ignored, even with several follow-ups.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I’m guessing it has something to do with all the ads and them loading at different times.

This is exactly it. It’s what we called a FOUC (flash of unstyled content) back in the day. The ads are bigger than the block that they are in, and when they load, it pushes everything down the page. It’s obnoxious but the site is still (mostly) usable and free, so…

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
This is exactly it. It’s what we called a FOUC (flash of unstyled content) back in the day. The ads are bigger than the block that they are in, and when they load, it pushes everything down the page. It’s obnoxious but the site is still (mostly) usable and free, so…

For me, it isn’t the page moves as much as it reloads.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
*mostly*

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

Help Support Us

Become a patron