I got one more silver dollar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
towelie-intervention-sp.jpg

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Adam Woodbury will be the #1 overall pick and dominate the NBA from day 1. ****, I can't do this........

The only way this happens is if he has gender re-assignment surgery and joins Lisa Bluder's team. Think about it. The Bird/Magic-type clashes between Anna Woodbury and Britney Griner in the WNBA would be epic.

Mark it down. His/Her arrival will save the league just like Bird and Magic did for the NBA.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
The only way this happens is if he has gender re-assignment surgery and joins Lisa Bluder's team. Think about it. The Bird/Magic-type clashes between Anna Woodbury and Britney Griner in the WNBA would be epic.

Mark it down. His/Her arrival will save the league just like Bird and Magic did for the NBA.

Oh this would be VERY popular with many in the Iowa City community. Maybe not the people who go to MBB or football games, but there is a decent sized segment of the population that this would be a big hit with.

:biglaugh:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The main problem that I have with this is that I think the odds of both Wally and Klenakis being here for the next five years are slim and none...

In other words, you covered your back nicely. :biggrin:

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
To be honest, i wish ISU's team from 2014 was playing the 2013 season. I think ISU could have a pretty decent team in 2014, I just think the Big 12 will step back up. I think 2013 for the Big 12 is not going to be a great football season. Too many QB's have been turned over since 2007.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
No way does our staff stay the same for the next 5 years. One of those guys will be gone. Hopefully just one.

Wally will likely retire in the next 5 years. I suspect Shane will move into the defensive coordinator spot, and we will grab a new position coach. Maybe Chizik would be interested.

Apr 19, 2006
Lets start a poll with what he's been drinking: night train, ol' English, Old Crow, Hawkeye Vodka. That's it, it's Hawkeye Vodka, it makes everybody think they are going to win a National Championship. Stay away from that stuff otherwise you will either be running a drug house or having sex in a bathroom stall like the other Tavern Hawks that drink the devils juice. :eek:

Apr 19, 2006
Yeah I hope we can keep the staff together. Hopefully Shane Burnham is being groomed to be the D coordinator so we still have access to Wally. Everybody in the program loves Shane and those type of personalities will help get some good recruits. The other thing that scares me is keeping Yancy at ISU as well. He's a great asset and the players just love that guy as well as Clay Oyster.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yeah I hope we can keep the staff together. Hopefully Shane Burnham is being groomed to be the D coordinator so we still have access to Wally. Everybody in the program loves Shane and those type of personalities will help get some good recruits. The other thing that scares me is keeping Yancy at ISU as well. He's a great asset and the players just love that guy as well as Clay Oyster.
Why would that "scare" you? He's clearly an upwardly mobile coach. I'm not figuring he's here in Ames for more than two years, tops--and anything else is pure gravy.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I think the 2014 squad will be the best cyclone football team since the 1977 Peach Bowl squad.
Year 6 for Rhoads, I think we win 8 regular season games. It will be the year of Home Field Advantage. Conference rivals Kansas State, West Virginia, Baylor and Texas Tech have proven to be toss-up games; all of these games are at home in 2014. I think with the talent that returns from the 2013 squad, this team will take the next step in the conference and compete with the big boys. 8-4 may not be conference title material, but a bowl win would tie the all-time win total for the program (9). Since this staff is about as solid as ever assembled at Iowa State, good things will come in the future if they are able to rack up an 8 or 9 win season. Junior QB Sam Richardson + RBs DeVondrick Nealy and Aaron Wimberly + WR Quenton Bundrage and Allen Lazard + TE EJ Bibbs could make for one of the most dynamic offenses in school history. The Defense will be led by Senior DE David Irving (who i think will become our first pass rushing threat since berryman) and Senior Safety Jacques Washington. There are only 3 seniors listed on the defensive Two-Deep Roster for 2013. The rest will return for the 2014 season.

Wins: NDSU, @Iowa, Toledo, Texas Tech, Baylor, Kansas State, @Kansas, West Virginia

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Two years down the road we could be a dangerous team.

A senior QB in Richardson with a couple years as starter beneath his belt.
A senior at running back in Devondrick Nealy.
A senior at Wide receiver 6'2" Quenton Bundrage
A sophomore 5 star recruit at wide receiver Allen Lazard at 6'4"

If Kansas State can make a run at a national title Iowa State sure as heck can. From everything I've heard Nealy may be the best running back we've had in years. Bundrage sounds special. Allen Lazard is going to be a game changer!

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
You will eat like me and you will crap thunder.

You mean "eat lightning" right?

I think the 2014 squad will be the best cyclone football team since the 1977 Peach Bowl squad.
Year 6 for Rhoads, I think we win 8 regular season games. It will be the year of Home Field Advantage. Conference rivals Kansas State, West Virginia, Baylor and Texas Tech have proven to be toss-up games; all of these games are at home in 2014. I think with the talent that returns from the 2013 squad, this team will take the next step in the conference and compete with the big boys. 8-4 may not be conference title material, but a bowl win would tie the all-time win total for the program (9). Since this staff is about as solid as ever assembled at Iowa State, good things will come in the future if they are able to rack up an 8 or 9 win season. Junior QB Sam Richardson + RBs DeVondrick Nealy and Aaron Wimberly + WR Quenton Bundrage and Allen Lazard + TE EJ Bibbs could make for one of the most dynamic offenses in school history. The Defense will be led by Senior DE David Irving (who i think will become our first pass rushing threat since berryman) and Senior Safety Jacques Washington. There are only 3 seniors listed on the defensive Two-Deep Roster for 2013. The rest will return for the 2014 season.

Wins: NDSU, @Iowa, Toledo, Texas Tech, Baylor, Kansas State, @Kansas, West Virginia

I like this post, but note that Jacques will have graduated. DB will probably be our deepest position for the next 2 years.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
You mean "eat lightning" right?

I like this post, but note that Jacques will have graduated. DB will probably be our deepest position for the next 2 years.

I went with the CF depth chart which lists him as a Jr this season.

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
Considering we are going 13-0 this year with alternate uniforms every week and white helmets I don't see how this guy could be wrong.

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
Considering we are going 13-0 this year with alternate uniforms every week and white helmets I don't see how this guy could be wrong.

We are also hiring Nick Saban as an assistant coach and he is taking all of his recruits with him, oh yeah and we are also bowling in the SEZ