Calling it.

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
So in the DR article today on SR and Brun, SR said he had the strongest arm on the team and "quote me on that." Then he referred to himself as "Steele Richardson"..... Please Sam, don't ever say that again and we will forgive you

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I think the 2014 squad will be the best cyclone football team since the 1977 Peach Bowl squad.
Year 6 for Rhoads, I think we win 8 regular season games. It will be the year of Home Field Advantage. Conference rivals Kansas State, West Virginia, Baylor and Texas Tech have proven to be toss-up games; all of these games are at home in 2014. I think with the talent that returns from the 2013 squad, this team will take the next step in the conference and compete with the big boys. 8-4 may not be conference title material, but a bowl win would tie the all-time win total for the program (9). Since this staff is about as solid as ever assembled at Iowa State, good things will come in the future if they are able to rack up an 8 or 9 win season. Junior QB Sam Richardson + RBs DeVondrick Nealy and Aaron Wimberly + WR Quenton Bundrage and Allen Lazard + TE EJ Bibbs could make for one of the most dynamic offenses in school history. The Defense will be led by Senior DE David Irving (who i think will become our first pass rushing threat since berryman) and Senior Safety Jacques Washington. There are only 3 seniors listed on the defensive Two-Deep Roster for 2013. The rest will return for the 2014 season.

Wins: NDSU, @Iowa, Toledo, Texas Tech, Baylor, Kansas State, @Kansas, West Virginia

Good post. The 2014 squad should be pretty seasoned and the schedule turns a little more favorable, I think. Good opportunity for a break-out.

I don't want to mail it in for 2013 just yet but I haven't expected a whole lot all along. If ISU is competitive, shows improvement, and maybe steals one that they shouldn't have, it'll be an alright season. I'm not going to go burn my t-shirt if the Cyclones win 4 or 5 games.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
So in the DR article today on SR and Brun, SR said he had the strongest arm on the team and "quote me on that." Then he referred to himself as "Steele Richardson"..... Please Sam, don't ever say that again and we will forgive you

That was Brun's quote, talking about himself.....not Sam.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Considering we are going 13-0 this year with alternate uniforms every week and white helmets I don't see how this guy could be wrong.
This is just stupid. ISU will not wear white helmets every week.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Well, I do remember being there at the pep rally after ISU beat Texas and coach Rhoads did say we will win a conference title and he promised it so.......................................