Butler and DM: Back for 2019?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
DM. Probably gone. After tonight, the aggressive charge to be in (any) fight, putting his tweet (above his coach) out there, I see his interest is not in being a team (college) player. Shocking, actually.
Well, you’re in the running for a Clonie of the worst post of the year.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I'm bored so I went through a half dozen NFL mock drafts and only a couple of them had either of these guys going in the first 3 rounds. Some had them both left out entirely (assuming because they're juniors?)
I'm starting to feel like they are not locks to be drafted high this year. Part of me feels this way because last year I had my cardinal colored glasses on and thought Lazard was a lock to be drafted-- even in the first 4 rounds. Montgomery probably has a better chance, but he's not tearing it up statistically this season so I'm not sure how that will affect his draft status. Obviously we think these two have NFL talent, but I can't tell if the rest of the country feels that way.

Anyway, in 2019 with these two guys we're likely a top 15 team to start the season and a dark horse (or better) to win the conference championship. Could potentially be the best Cyclone team ever considering what we're bringing back. With the emergence of B Purdy, does that sway Butler's decision to stay put? Do you think these guys will be motivated to come back and win a conference championship?

I'm not saying what they should do, because getting paid is very important, but I think the team we have coming back could convince these guys to stay... and it would set us up for a monumental season next year.

Is Lima mentioned anywhere?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
All I know if that by him immediately going on Twitter (like, this happened while the game was still going on) and apologizing to his teammates, he definitely proved he doesn’t want to be a teammate.

And he wasn't even forced to apologize 3 days later so it was all immediate and genuine or whatever.

Not to mention his flag came from defending a teammate.

Really though it sucks...the first time I've really seen him respond much at all to what the opponents are doing and it goes to extreme lengths.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Not sure about that. Butler is faster, more athletic and can make the circus catch. But he has missed a lot of passes this year, many that hit him right at chest level, and a lot that were above his head but still catchable. Nobody catches everything, but I remember Lazard as being a lot more reliable with the everyday pitch and catch. Hakeem needs to develop that skill yet.
If you read his recruiting bio somebody linked here today he played 7 games his junior year, 9 his senior year of high school. He, while more experienced than Leo he is not terribly far off that comparison.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Why don’t we do Clonies anymore? I’ve been here for almost a decade and never got to win one.
dr-evil-crying1.gif

• Funny
Reactions: DarkStar