Buffalo Bills Damar Hamlin

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
It might be impossible to have an answer, but do you think there was potentially a pre existing condition that led to this happening, or was a freak one in a million thing that could've happened to anyone?
Its possible but due to the way it unfolded I kinda doubt it. It happens immediately after a trauma and while I know it doesn’t look like a big hit in the nfl these guys are moving so much mass at such high speeds that it is still considered a trauma. A pre existing condition is possible but looking at the medical evaluations these guys go through I just don’t think it’s likely.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
The hit causes a disruption of the heart rhythm during a very specific part of the cardiac cycle. I’m talking milliseconds.
I am questioning if it is cc. It seems more like the cv system was compromised.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That’s just standard procedure to warm up for 5 minutes. You’re acting like they were told they had to play.
I'm just saying what the announcers said. They said that the league office said that play was being resumed and that the teams had 5 minutes to get ready.

Now, if that's standard procedure for resuming a game after an injury, the league should make sure to issue a statement and make that clear, because the game announcers didn't, and the way they announced it left it up to interpretation that the league had made the call to resume.

That's a narrative that they need to get ahead of, if it's not true.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Its possible but due to the way it unfolded I kinda doubt it. It happens immediately after a trauma and while I know it doesn’t look like a big hit in the nfl these guys are moving so much mass at such high speeds that it is still considered a trauma. A pre existing condition is possible but looking at the medical evaluations these guys go through I just don’t think it’s likely.

Seems like any sort of pre-existing stuff gets picked up on in the pre-season or off season if it happens. I would guess the blood tests etc. from physicals are real thorough.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I want to hug Lisa Salters
She's a good reporter. She was just on and was very measured and precise in her statements. Van Pelt doing an OK job, obviously having to fill time now.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
You hear of stories of players collapsing on the basketball court, but very rarely if ever on a NFL field. Almost shocked this has not happened more often.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Agree, they all get EKG and echo’s these days and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy/sub-aortic stenosis/long QT would likely be found.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan