Buffalo Bills Damar Hamlin

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
He made a tackle and then he stood up but immediately fell straight back. Had to be administered CPR on the field and taken away by ambulance. Never seen anything like it before.
Reminded me of Christian Eriksen from Euro's 2020 who played for the Denmark national team. Heart stopped on the field and had to be revived with CPR. They showed the CPR and everything live on worldwide TV as the commentators we're completely oblivious to it. Thankfully made a full recovery and I believe was on their World Cup team.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It's easy to forget the level of hitting, size, speed, and violence that's happening on that field, literally every single play. I'm as guilty as anyone else. These guys are putting their lives on the line every game. Unreal. This is a gut shot. Hope he's able to pull through this.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
It's easy to forget the level of hitting, size, speed, and violence that's happening on that field, literally every single play. I'm as guilty as anyone else. These guys are putting their lives on the line every game. Unreal. This is a gut shot. Hope he's able to pull through this.
Yeah, I'm constantly amazed at what the human body can go through. The training, endurance, equipment, etc protects so many lives and we just take it for granted. I'm shocked there aren't these types of events all the time. But obviously incredibly grateful.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I love watching football, but holy hell sometimes I feel guilty about it. I'd be worried about my own kid playing it and yet I pay to watch other people's kids play it. It's a big conflict for me.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I love watching football, but holy hell sometimes I feel guilty about it. I'd be worried about my own kid playing it and yet I pay to watch other people's kids play it. It's a big conflict for me.

Its something that its questionable whether it will even exist a few decades down the road. It'll probably become too much of a liability for a lot of high schools to have it, and as that happens it'll affect things upward.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Its something that its questionable whether it will even exist a few decades down the road. It'll probably become too much of a liability for a lot of high schools to have it, and as that happens it'll affect things upward.

Maybe. And that's sort of sad too.

Either way, I'll be in Jack Trice in September and cheering for the Vikings on Sunday. And I'll be conflicted and a hypocrite.