Buffalo Bills Damar Hamlin

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It wouldnt surprise me if the 5 minutes thing is just what the rules call for. So that was the default move. They obviously quickly realized that wasn't going to be adequate.
Good point. I'm sure we'll find out. This will be the subject of discussion for a bit, I would think

Reactions: CloneJD

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
It wouldnt surprise me if the 5 minutes thing is just what the rules call for. So that was the default move. They obviously quickly realized that wasn't going to be adequate.
Yeah, I won't be too judgy on that or the timing to cancel game.

LOTS of moving parts happening at once with stadium officials, tv, etc. (Obviously immediate medical care priority).

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Not sure why everyone is so mad at the NFL. It's only been just over an hour since the injury occurred. They suspended the game and more than likely gathered all the information they could and talked to both teams. They probably were waiting for accurate info on Hamlin's condition and when it was found it wasn't improved or worsened, they postponed the game. All within an hour. That is pretty quick IMO.
I don't mind it taking a bit to postpone since this is so unprecedented but if the teams were asked to return to the field that's ****** up

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Their initial decision was to give the teams 5 minutes to get ready, and then resume play. From the look of things, the teams might have refused, because the coaches went and talked to the referees, and that's when they all left the field, and the longer stoppage was announced. I'm sure we'll hear more about what all went down, but if the league initially wanted them to resume play after 5 minutes, it's not going to be a good look.
I think you might be jumping to conclusions that the league wanted them to start in 5 minutes. That seems like it could be SOP after a long stop during the game. It would make sense for the league to be more involved after more info was available and things weren't a "normal" injury stoppage.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
That's a fair point. This is a totally unprecedented situation

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Their initial decision was to give the teams 5 minutes to get ready, and then resume play. From the look of things, the teams might have refused, because the coaches went and talked to the referees, and that's when they all left the field, and the longer stoppage was announced. I'm sure we'll hear more about what all went down, but if the league initially wanted them to resume play after 5 minutes, it's not going to be a good look.
That’s just standard procedure to warm up for 5 minutes. You’re acting like they were told they had to play.

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
What do you think happened to Hamlin?
I am not a doctor, but this could have been a condition that he has had a kid and no one including himself knows about it. Kind of like getting hit in the side with a baseball which speeds up the heart. Look at players that have been on the basketball court that have collapsed on the court, some have been saved, some have unfortunately not. Well never really know now, but pray for him and his family.

Reactions: NWICY

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Not that rare when you get a hit like that. A lot of adrenaline and probably took a second for his body to realize it, that’s why he falls so quickly afterwards.
It might be impossible to have an answer, but do you think there was potentially a pre existing condition that led to this happening, or was a freak one in a million thing that could've happened to anyone?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron