Bridge Lights

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
The mods seem a little understaffed at the moment. Whether they merge a thread or not is no longer a valid indicator.

This was. a very reasonable request, why be an *** about it?

You thought that was me being an ass about it? Much like you thought his request was very reasonable, I thought my response was very reasonable. I don't even disagree with his point that we don't need a new daily thread, but this one seems reasonable since the lights are a big change. Not everyone wants to comb through a 20+ page thread to find new photos, so an additional thread with the lights seems OK.

He doesn't think so, I do.. we're on a message board, disagreements happen hourly lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: aauummm

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I’d still like to see one daily. I don’t think you understand the planning, civil engineering, and effort that went into this bridge.

We should celebrate it. Not just bury it in one thread.

Go check it out sometime before the season. You won’t be disappointed!
Creating a new thread everyday is really what is burying it. The other threads disappear in a few days buried in the past so if you want to see a previous picture it is a hunting expedition digging up past threads and figuring out which thread it is in. It is easy to scroll back through the pages of one thread to find past pictures and the thread will be on the top of the list every time a new pic is posted.

New daily threads of a page or two are silly and counter productive in my opinion.

Reactions: 2speedy1

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Creating a new thread everyday is really what is burying it. The other threads disappear in a few days buried in the past so if you want to see a previous picture it is a hunting expedition digging up past threads and figuring out which thread it is in. It is easy to scroll back through the pages of one thread to find past pictures and the thread will be on the top of the list every time a new pic is posted.

New daily threads of a page or two are silly and counter productive in my opinion.

Quit being disrespectful to the bridge. It’s truly a piece of art.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I’d still like to see one daily. I don’t think you understand the planning, civil engineering, and effort that went into this bridge.

We should celebrate it. Not just bury it in one thread.

Go check it out sometime before the season. You won’t be disappointed!

If this is a joke it's really funny, if not...

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Anyone know what the annual run rate will be on the bridge to have it lit up nightly?

Has this been budgeted for? If not I’d like to see the AD funnel funds into having it lit 356.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
All I am saying is do we need a new thread for each that are titled bridge pics 8/2, bridge pics 8/3, bridge pics 8/4, bridge pics 8/5, bridge pics 8/7, bridge light pics etc.

Instead of just having a Bridge Pic thread, or a Bridge Thread. The same person has made a bridge pic thread almost every day, fine. I just think he could update one instead of adding a new one every day.

But I guess whatever.
Exactly, having one thread on why KXNO Sports Fanatics sucks that the same people say the same thing for over 4 months is much more organized.

• Haha
  • Disagree
Reactions: I@ST1 and Tailg8er

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have yet to see a bridge thread full of the Hawk/Big Ten trolls and personal bickering of the USC/UCLA Big Ten thread. Everyone’s an expert, nothing is new. The bridge lights are new and exciting at least

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Anyone know what the annual run rate will be on the bridge to have it lit up nightly?

Has this been budgeted for? If not I’d like to see the AD funnel funds into having it lit 356.

I don't think it costs very much to keep LED lights on at night. If they don't have some sort of solar setup for this, I bet the yearly cost is barely a blip on the budget.