Bridge Lights

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
But is it really an expansion of JTS?
Well, the SPC was in that thread, the Pollard and light CyTown is in that thread, The bridge has been for over a year. Same with pretty much all projects, it has become all inclusive, for the most part.

But that being said, starting a bridge Pic thread is fine or just a general bridge thread.

Starting one every day is redundant. You can add new pics to a Bridge thread each day, instead of starting a new thread for bridge pics every day.

• Dumb
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

burning-brain-seinfeld.gif

• Winner
Reactions: throwittoblythe

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Well, the SPC was in that thread, the Pollard and light CyTown is in that thread, The bridge has been for over a year. Same with pretty much all projects, it has become all inclusive, for the most part.

But that being said, starting a bridge Pic thread is fine or just a general bridge thread.

Starting one every day is redundant. You can add new pics to a Bridge thread each day, instead of starting a new thread for bridge pics every day.

You must not have seen this bridge in real life yet. It deserves a picture/thread every day.

It’s one hell of a bridge.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

Who made you the thread police? If the mods thought it was redundant enough, they'd merge. This is a pretty big project, and with the lights it looks pretty much complete, so I think a new thread is justified.

Sorry, you've been overruled.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Who made you the thread police? If the mods thought it was redundant enough, they'd merge. This is a pretty big project, and with the lights it looks pretty much complete, so I think a new thread is justified.

Sorry, you've been overruled.
The mods seem a little understaffed at the moment. Whether they merge a thread or not is no longer a valid indicator.

This was. a very reasonable request, why be an *** about it?

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Never knew I'd be cast on the show "My Strange Addiction"

Producer: "So Loyalsons4evertrue, what is your strange addiction?"

Me: "A bridge"

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It's an amazing bridge. Some are saying it's the best bridge ever built. Tremendous. No one has ever seen a bridge like this.
Better than the Golden Gate Bridge! Now, if you slap some ISU logos on the Golden Gate bridge we might have to debate which is better.

Reactions: Aclone and aauummm

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011

MEGATHREAD MEGATHREAD MEGATHREAD!

just have it be cyclonefanatic/forum and be done with it. we're all here, it's all tangentially related.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I am 99% confident Iowa State does not have possession of the bridge yet and I would guess the lights will remain off until they do have possession unless they are taking pictures.
still time for a rival to overtake and claim ownership of the bridge. a daring move, but effective if they can pull it off.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The mods seem a little understaffed at the moment. Whether they merge a thread or not is no longer a valid indicator.

This was. a very reasonable request, why be an *** about it?
All I am saying is do we need a new thread for each that are titled bridge pics 8/2, bridge pics 8/3, bridge pics 8/4, bridge pics 8/5, bridge pics 8/7, bridge light pics etc.

Instead of just having a Bridge Pic thread, or a Bridge Thread. The same person has made a bridge pic thread almost every day, fine. I just think he could update one instead of adding a new one every day.

But I guess whatever.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
All I am saying is do we need a new thread for each that are titled bridge pics 8/2, bridge pics 8/3, bridge pics 8/4, bridge pics 8/5, bridge pics 8/7, bridge light pics etc.

Instead of just having a Bridge Pic thread, or a Bridge Thread. The same person has made a bridge pic thread almost every day, fine. I just think he could update one instead of adding a new one every day.

But I guess whatever.

I’d still like to see one daily. I don’t think you understand the planning, civil engineering, and effort that went into this bridge.

We should celebrate it. Not just bury it in one thread.

Go check it out sometime before the season. You won’t be disappointed!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron