Brackens

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
And this is why we will always suck. We are just little ol ISU. If only Art Briles thought that way...

You miss the point.

Would Alabama fire a coach if they were 1-8. Yes? But we aren't Alabama. They can go out and hire a top level coach and bring in the best players in the country. We are going to have to hire an up and coming guy (rather than an established one) and let him build up the program. Most people get this, but unfortunately we got a lot of drama queens that are being very vocal right now. We'll be fine next year and people will forget about this god awful year.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I really don't think the fans being ****** and demanding a coach be fired will change a lot.
Its better than pretending everything is great when the team looks like complete trash.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
You miss the point.

Would Alabama fire a coach if they were 1-8. Yes? But we aren't Alabama. They can go out and hire a top level coach and bring in the best players in the country. We are going to have to hire an up and coming guy (rather than an established one) and let him build up the program. Most people get this, but unfortunately we got a lot of drama queens that are being very vocal right now. We'll be fine next year and people will forget about this god awful year.

History says no. I don't believe you and the Kool-aid..but I will gladly say I was wrong if that is the case.

My guess is that will not come to pass.

*marked for future reference*

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Its better than pretending everything is great when the team looks like complete trash.

I don't think anyone is pretending everything is great. Almost all if not all Iowa State fans admit everything is far from great.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
History says no. I don't believe you and the Kool-aid..but I will gladly say I was wrong if that is the case.

I've been very vocal with my thoughts that we win 7 next year. I haven't back down from it. I also thought this was a 4 win season, and that's why I'm not being a baby about being 1-8 right now. We were a 4 win team when healthy this year. What do people expect with all the injuries?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

History says that any coaching changes we make will not matter one bit really. Sure we might get to a crappy bowl every now and again, but generally speaking, Iowa State is about a 4-6 win football program no matter what we do. And if you call that success in a 12 game season, you have a different idea of success than I do.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
You miss the point.

That was the case when ISU had a much stricter budget to deal with, but the fact of the matter is that shouldn't be much of an issue anymore. We of course haven't seen the AD's total financial situation, but it doesn't take much research to realize that ISU is finally in a situation in which they can go out and pay what it takes to bring in an established coaching staff.

Relying on old excuses is getting very tiresome.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I've been very vocal with my thoughts that we win 7 next year. I haven't back down from it. I also thought this was a 4 win season, and that's why I'm not being a baby about being 1-8 right now. We were a 4 win team when healthy this year. What do people expect with all the injuries?

Sunshine, rainbows, and uniforn farts dammit!!!!

Unicorn-farts_large.gif

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
You miss the point.

I don't think people would be freaking out if they knew everything would be fine next year. That's a large assumption to make considering the QB situation. There should be more weapons next year but I don't think very many people think we have the right play caller to best utilize those weapons.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
With coaches that knew what they were doing we would have wins over UNI, Tulsa, Tech (they tried to hand us that game), and TCU (again, they tried to hand us that game). Thats 4 wins with WVU and KU left.

This is mostly directed at Mess.

No way we win 7 next year, unless we get a new OC and a bunch of JUCO defenders.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
That was the case when ISU had a much stricter budget to deal with, but the fact of the matter is that shouldn't be much of an issue anymore. We of course haven't seen the AD's total financial situation, but it doesn't take much research to realize that ISU is finally in a situation in which they can go out and pay what it takes to bring in an established coaching staff.

Relying on old excuses is getting very tiresome.

Snap your fingers and it all gets better, right? I mean that is what you want.

How long have we been in better financially? 3 years? And we JUST got a new football facility. Do you think all of a sudden that takes over and trumps 100 years of bad tradition? It takes time. The football facility helps bring in better recruits (which we are seeing), the players get time to develop while using it (1 year isn't enough to expect results), and it all flows from there.

I know it's hard to say "be patient" when ISU fans have been waiting for so long but…..be patient!

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
With coaches that knew what they were doing we would have wins over UNI, Tulsa, Tech (they tried to hand us that game), and TCU (again, they tried to hand us that game). Thats 4 wins with WVU and KU left.

This is mostly directed at Mess.

No way we win 7 next year, unless we get a new OC and a bunch of JUCO defenders.

Does anyone really think we will have the same OC next year? We will have a new one.

Reactions: LindenCy

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
You miss the point.

Would Alabama fire a coach if they were 1-8. Yes? But we aren't Alabama. They can go out and hire a top level coach and bring in the best players in the country. We are going to have to hire an up and coming guy (rather than an established one) and let him build up the program. Most people get this, but unfortunately we got a lot of drama queens that are being very vocal right now. We'll be fine next year and people will forget about this god awful year.[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right, but count me among those with doubts. Nobody is left who will defend this OC, but as far as we know he was left in charge again today to produce 10 points of output. This business of valuing "stability" over results is getting old. I am increasingly disgusted that the offensive situation hasn't been addressed. Breaks my heart to see these kids busting *** while overpaid people who are in over their head get to keep making mistake after mistake. This attitude that we are ISU and can't make bold moves is just bogus. We either play D 1 football or we don't.