Bowl Projections

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
I've never been to Orlando, but live in Phoenix. I'm curious as to why anyone thinks PHX is far superior to Orlando?
Anyway, I wasn't really crapping on the bowl (didn't even know it had changed) but rather the silly sponsor and the opponent, who, if you listen to folks could start losing a lot of games any time now anyway. Clemson at least sounds good. Just win though and let the rest work itself out!

Orlando is the least fun I've had traveling to watch our football team

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
After seeing Sigmapolis 538 link of an 80% chance at the CFP I'm ready to get hurt again so here is my preference:

CFP (wet, highly unlikely dream)

Sugar Bowl (NOLA would be fun; never been)
Fiesta Bowl (Attractive destination but would like a chance to win a different NY6 bowl)

Alamo Bowl (Didn't get to go to this one in 2018 and really regret missing it)

Cheeze It (if we can draw Clemson)

Liberty Bowl (disappointing if this is where we settle)

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Everyone talking about the Sugar Bowl, but I did see Orange Bowl reps walking around Vegas. Let’s do that

The Big 12 doesn't have a tie in with the Orange Bowl and the only way Iowa State is getting a NY6 at large this year is if OU gets snubbed from the playoffs and has to settle for the Sugar and that is a REALLY long shot since that would mean we have 3 losses.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Everyone talking about the Sugar Bowl, but I did see Orange Bowl reps walking around Vegas. Let’s do that
Being a bowl game rep has to be the best job in the world. Travel to watch CFB games all season on companies dime with no regard to tie ins or probabilities team will even make your bowl.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Beach is an easy drive. Kennedy Space Center is amazing. Golf. Magic game to see ISU NBA players. Drink around the world at Epcot.

If you can’t enjoy Orlando, you likely suck

I think most fans go to bowl games as fans, not tourists. I'd love to make it a golf/bowl trip, but that's not everyone's thing.

The best experience is similar to the Big 12 tournament in KC with everything in close proximity where you can effectively take over a couple square miles and party all day with your fans and the opposing fans. With cities like Orlando or Houston, you often have fans staying all over the city and having to drive everywhere. It's disjointed, and it doesn't feel organic.

In conclusion, we want to party on a patio in warm weather, in a decent neighborhood, close to the stadium, near our hotels, and with our fellow fans. We don't really care about hitting Disney World or Kennedy Space Center.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I hope we get to a Sugar Bowl soon. ISU fans would take over New Orleans

I love New Orleans, and that's the game I want most. Iowa State fans in New Orleans would be quite the culture clash. My parents (mid 60s and like to have a good time) would be less excited, but it would be fun to show them such a unique place.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I love New Orleans, and that's the game I want most. Iowa State fans in New Orleans would be quite the culture clash. My parents (mid 60s and like to have a good time) would be less excited, but it would be fun to show them such a unique place.

My parents late 60's/early 70's are not known to like to have a good time and love New Orleans ;)

Reactions: cyclones500

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
My parents late 60's/early 70's are not known to like to have a good time and love New Orleans ;)

My parents are from small towns in Iowa and don't like anything much bigger than KC. They do like to drink beer and cheer for the Cyclones, so specific bowl locations are less important to them.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I think most fans go to bowl games as fans, not tourists. I'd love to make it a golf/bowl trip, but that's not everyone's thing.

The best experience is similar to the Big 12 tournament in KC with everything in close proximity where you can effectively take over a couple square miles and party all day with your fans and the opposing fans. With cities like Orlando or Houston, you often have fans staying all over the city and having to drive everywhere. It's disjointed, and it doesn't feel organic.

In conclusion, we want to party on a patio in warm weather, in a decent neighborhood, close to the stadium, near our hotels, and with our fellow fans. We don't really care about hitting Disney World or Kennedy Space Center.

Yea, I get that and I’ve done that. Doesn’t mean you still can’t have fun.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I've never been to Orlando, but live in Phoenix. I'm curious as to why anyone thinks PHX is far superior to Orlando?
Anyway, I wasn't really crapping on the bowl (didn't even know it had changed) but rather the silly sponsor and the opponent, who, if you listen to folks could start losing a lot of games any time now anyway. Clemson at least sounds good. Just win though and let the rest work itself out!

Phx women, nough said!!!