***Bowl Games Thread***

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Man I hope Carolina holds on to this one. Can't stand aTm. No, you shouldn't be in the playoffs you weird douchebag fanbase.

• Winner
Reactions: Prone2Clone

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
UNC has been fun to watch the past couple years. High scoring team that makes boring matchups fun to watch.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Bad taste in my mouth saying this but probably best A&M wins. Afraid NC might jump us due to a “better win” if they pulled it out.

Yep. TAM likely only drops 2-3 spots with a loss but UNC jumps just ahead of us. I’d rather TAM wins so get up to the 8 spot.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I don't think anyone here has mentioned it yet, but I think the bowl games this weekend pretty much vindicated the CFP committee, outside of granting ND a spot. It's hard for me to admit, but OSU delivered, Indiana proved not to deserve a better slot, ISU thumped Oregon, Cincy and Coastal failed to back up the talk, OU and aTm coming up big.

CycloneDTMom

Nov 20, 2017
I don't think anyone here has mentioned it yet, but I think the bowl games this weekend pretty much vindicated the CFP committee, outside of granting ND a spot. It's hard for me to admit, but OSU delivered, Indiana proved not to deserve a better slot, ISU thumped Oregon, Cincy and Coastal failed to back up the talk, OU and aTm coming up big.

I have seen people reportly say that ND didn't deserve the spot, but there isn't any team that actually deserved it more. I think most people saying this just have an inherent bias against ND. They were 10-1, and their only loss was to Clemson, ranked #3 at the time. A&M struggled with UNC until the last few minutes of the Orange bowl, and lost in a blowout to Alabama in the regular season. Arguably speaking they may have been equally deserving, but it is understandable the committee would avoid a rematch of a blow-out loss.

OU had two losses, but there has never been a team in the CFP with more than 1 loss. And while they looked good against a FL team, I didn't see anything in the Cotton bowl that would indicate they would have done any better against AL than ND. The game, at best, would have been the same. Clearly FL had no business being in the discussion-and shouldn't have been after their loss to OU. Cincinnati was undefeated, but didn't have a good enough resume to leap over 5 other teams. And they lost their bowl game.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have seen people reportly say that ND didn't deserve the spot, but there isn't any team that actually deserved it more. I think most people saying this just have an inherent bias against ND. They were 10-1, and their only loss was to Clemson, ranked #3 at the time. A&M struggled with UNC until the last few minutes of the Orange bowl, and lost in a blowout to Alabama in the regular season. Arguably speaking they may have been equally deserving, but it is understandable the committee would avoid a rematch of a blow-out loss.

OU had two losses, but there has never been a team in the CFP with more than 1 loss. And while they looked good against a FL team, I didn't see anything in the Cotton bowl that would indicate they would have done any better against AL than ND. The game, at best, would have been the same. Clearly FL had no business being in the discussion-and shouldn't have been after their loss to OU. Cincinnati was undefeated, but didn't have a good enough resume to leap over 5 other teams. And they lost their bowl game.
Just because a team has not been in before with two losses doesn’t mean one shouldn’t be in ever. ND was totally dismantled in their CCG. I don’t think a loser of a CCG has ever been in before either.