Bowen Born

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Lol we all wanted Green. Stop lying

Sigh...you know, as a proud and admitted dual Cyclone/Panther fan myself, this guy is an absolute joke, and he's not even a good troll.

That being written, I am pretty pumped that young Bowen is going to be a Panther next season.

• Agree
Reactions: jmkc12 and CyTwins

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I would imagine UNI would let him out of his LOI if ISU offered. I'd rather we were taking chances on kids like this from Iowa than kids like Leech or Anderson.

I highly, highly doubt that UNI would let him out of his LOI, and nor should they, especially after the Doug McDermott fiasco.

• Agree
Reactions: UNI1ISU2

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Who are we taking chances on? The Leech situation is completely different because of his upside. Anderson had P5 programs after him and was looked at as a stretch 4. We didn't reach on him he just didn't pan out

I would say you can characterize anyone who was determined not good enough to play at a Big 12 level before our first exhibition game a reach, or at a minimum, a serious talent evaluation misstep.

While I can see the value in offering them a scholarship over someone like Born due to their physical upside, I think there is an argument to be made of "how much worse could it go than Leech and Anderson" in reference to Born.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Who are we taking chances on? The Leech situation is completely different because of his upside. Anderson had P5 programs after him and was looked at as a stretch 4. We didn't reach on him he just didn't pan out

And I can guarantee that there is more to the story with those two transferring out before the season even started...

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I am going to LMAO when Born goes against b12 teams and other p5 teams in non conference and NCAA tourney and lights them up. He plays with a chip on his shoulder

Again... there is a MASSIVE difference in a valley type talent catching fire for a game or two versus having to play a big boy conference grind.

• Agree
Reactions: TheHonestCycloneFan

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I highly, highly doubt that UNI would let him out of his LOI, and nor should they, especially after the Doug McDermott fiasco.

Not letting kids out of a LOI is a slippery slope though... You hold a kid to the fire and that just becomes recruiting ammo for other schools.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Again... there is a MASSIVE difference in a valley type talent catching fire for a game or two versus having to play a big boy conference grind.
I love when people make statements like this because they are doing it just so there is no possible way for them to be wrong. If born does go off against p5 schools you can then just say told you so. He would not be able to do
It in a full p5 schedule. If he doesn’t play well you can say told you so. Thing is with your argument he can’t ever prove anything to you because he does not have the chance at that schedule

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
All the pets.

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I love when people make statements like this because they are doing it just so there is no possible way for them to be wrong. If born does go off against p5 schools you can then just say told you so. He would not be able to do
It in a full p5 schedule. If he doesn’t play well you can say told you so. Thing is with your argument he can’t ever prove anything to you because he does not have the chance at that schedule

Are you going every p6 teams board and letting them know they all missed out on a kid from Norwalk Iowa? I mean NONE of them offered. You should be making the rounds.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Not letting kids out of a LOI is a slippery slope though... You hold a kid to the fire and that just becomes recruiting ammo for other schools.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but going after another school's signed recruit is also a big no no and is in bad form.

Besides, I do not know why the idea of Born going to ISU instead of playing for the school that is giving him a scholarship is even a discussion to begin with. It is silly and stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: jsb and 1UNI2ISU

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I don't think he will be able to at UNI. Hope I'm wrong though because I do want him to succeed there
I was at the Norwalk game last night and he scored 55 points including driving the lane and went up and dunked it with two hands. He's quick and has hops but IMO he needs to put on some weight over the next few years. He literally looks like he's 14 but he's almost unstoppable at this level.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
To go to a different MVC school, no they would not let him out. To step up to P6 level they absolutely would, or they'd get killed in recruiting.

It is a moot point/issue to begin with. There is absolutely no indication at this point in time that Bowen Born is looking to back out of his commitment. In fact, it has been reported that he was in the crowd on Sunday for the game against Loyola.

Again. This. Is. Silly.

If and when Tyrese declares for the draft, the open scholarship needs to go to a high level JUCO or transfer player, not to an incoming freshman who did not get an ISU offer in the first place.

• Winner
Reactions: peteypie

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It is a moot point/issue to begin with. There is absolutely no indication at this point in time that Bowen Born is looking to back out of his commitment. In fact, it has been reported that he was in the crowd on Sunday for the game against Loyola.

Again. This. Is. Silly.

If and when Tyrese declares for the draft, the open scholarship needs to go to a high level JUCO or transfer player, not to an incoming freshman who did not get an ISU offer in the first place.

I hate Coach Prohm and whine constantly about all things ISU basketball, but we should take more kids from Iowa no matter what the cost or effect on outcomes because I don’t know why.

Help Support Us

Become a patron