Bowen Born

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Look at aj green at UNI. same things were being said about him. Now isu and Iowa fans both are saying they wish they got him.

AJ Green was a Top 100, 4 star recruit who is 6' 4". Who said the same things about him as Born? I think the consensus on Green was he was going to tear it up in the Valley and I think Iowa and Iowa State would have gladly taken him both then and now.

• Winner
Reactions: IASTATE07

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Look at aj green at UNI. same things were being said about him. Now isu and Iowa fans both are saying they wish they got him.

Are you out of your freaking mind? We would have loved to land AJ but everyone knew he was going to be a Panther. JFC you are comparing apples and oranges here.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I would imagine UNI would let him out of his LOI if ISU offered. I'd rather we were taking chances on kids like this from Iowa than kids like Leech or Anderson.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
My buddy who lives in Norwalk and is a huge UNI fan's exact words "he's going to find out quickly he's not going to be able to get shots off inside the 3 point line at the next level"

I live in Norwalk also and go to games. He will get his shots off. He has done it for the Barnstomers in AAU against the top comp. If he was 5'11 black kid from Chicago nobody would say that. His problem is he is from small town Iowa and a white kid. Oh and one of the greatest Cyclones ever told me that about Bowen.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I live in Norwalk also and go to games. He will get his shots off. He has done it for the Barnstomers in AAU against the top comp. If he was 5'11 black kid from Chicago nobody would say that. His problem is he is from small town Iowa and a white kid. Oh and one of the greatest Cyclones ever told me that about Bowen.

Bold prediction: he shoots a higher percentage from 3 than from 2 his freshman year at UNI. Also I know Mike and really want Bowen to succeed at UNI but I still don't think he's a Big 12 player

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bold prediction: he shoots a higher percentage from 3 than from 2 his freshman year at UNI. Also I know Mike and really want Bowen to succeed at UNI but I still don't think he's a Big 12 player

That may be true, but it feels like we are always taking chances on random kids from somewhere hundreds of miles away. Why not take a chance on the kids who are in your back yard if you are going to take a chance?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Oh I am not saying his bread and butter won't be shooting 3's. However, he can still get to the rim. That was what I was debating.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That may be true, but it feels like we are always taking chances on random kids from somewhere hundreds of miles away. Why not take a chance on the kids who are in your back yard if you are going to take a chance?

Who are we taking chances on? The Leech situation is completely different because of his upside. Anderson had P5 programs after him and was looked at as a stretch 4. We didn't reach on him he just didn't pan out

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Oh I am not saying his bread and butter won't be shooting 3's. However, he can still get to the rim. That was what I was debating.

I don't think he will be able to at UNI. Hope I'm wrong though because I do want him to succeed there

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Who are we taking chances on? The Leech situation is completely different because of his upside. Anderson had P5 programs after him and was looked at as a stretch 4. We didn't reach on him he just didn't pan out

Leech was a chance because of the injury. Born is a chance for his height. Both are chances.

• Agree
Reactions: CubsClones1

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
AJ Green was only ever going to UNI. ISU or Iowa would have gone full court press to get him if his dad wasn't on staff at UNI

ISU did go after AJ hard and he was in Ames often to catch games. Most experts thought if it wasn't for his dad being on staff at UNI ISU would have gotten his commitment by many experts.

In contrast Born was seen by the staff many times and not extended an offer, same evaluation as other P6 schools. That does mean something.

Good luck to Born in MVC and he maybe a very good player there but the difference in competition and athletes is another level up in the Big 12.

Let's not compare the two players.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Agreed, its funny here to see people say Tre Jackson is going to be good but scoff at Born. Jackson had 20 offers, 18 were from mid majors, he was worth a risk. Idc about offering Born but it's funny how different a guy from out of state is treated.

• Agree
Reactions: snowcraig2.0

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
ISU did go after AJ hard and he was in Ames often to catch games. Most experts thought if it wasn't for his dad being on staff at UNI ISU would have gotten his commitment by many experts.

In contrast Born was seen by the staff many times and not extended an offer, same evaluation as other P6 schools. That does mean something.

Good luck to Born in MVC and he maybe a very good player there but the difference in competition and athletes is another level up in the Big 12.

Let's not compare the two players.
I am going to LMAO when Born goes against b12 teams and other p5 teams in non conference and NCAA tourney and lights them up. He plays with a chip on his shoulder

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron