Boulevard Brewing Co's Facebook posts

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I've probably been to KC 50 times in my life but for some strange reason, never checked out Boulevard. The last time we were in KC (pre pandemic), we checked it out and the place was great. If you like Farmhouse ales, Tank 7 is top notch along with the Rye on Rye.
It sounds like they have a lot of issues but hopefully that changes and they continue making decent beer. It's funny how once a brewer becomes a certain size, they seem to become hated. Surly, Stone, Founders, Toppling, etc. have all had a lot of bad press. Although TG seems to have had a jerk owner since day one.

Yeah, he's pretty terrible. Their brewer is a pretty solid dude, but the owner is a piece of work. Last I heard, he wasn't even around NE IA anymore. Moved out to Wyoming or something and pretty much had a team in place to run things. Probably for the best.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Through the owner of the company I work for, I have met a few other business owners and higher execs over the years. We're down in the West Bottoms area not too far from Boulevard.

Sexual harassment and racism is still extremely rampant in certain industries, especially when led by rich white guys that have had people fawn over them and their money for several decades. When coupled with a more relaxed atmosphere like a brewery, and I wish I could say I was surprised at the crap that goes on.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Big soft spot for Boulevard since they showed me a different beer from Bud or Miller back in the mid late 90s. Don't drink much now as others have said a lot of other more local and better options. Such a large presence in KC so really interested in how this affects things. Duvel owns them and wondering if sales drop off if they will really step in and change things.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Boulevard was one of my first craft breweries I got into in the DM area. While we buy IA beers now primarily, will usually buy some occasional beers from them or stop by the once per year we’re in KC. Boulevard had a really good tour, too. Guess will focus on Lion Bridge/Big Grove/Confluence until it’s better.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Big soft spot for Boulevard since they showed me a different beer from Bud or Miller back in the mid late 90s. Don't drink much now as others have said a lot of other more local and better options. Such a large presence in KC so really interested in how this affects things. Duvel owns them and wondering if sales drop off if they will really step in and change things.

I had thought they were still independent. Learned something new today.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
How does this still happen in 2021?

I guess people will never stop doing dumb things....

People didn't stop being ******** just because it's the 21st Century. The percentage of ******** is the same as it has always been. It is somewhat surprising how many still can flaunt it and get away with it though.

Reactions: cowgirl836

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Crazy thing is, I started working in 1981. Within the first year, everyone in the company had to attend sexual harassment training. As a precaution.

You would think this stuff would be a thing of the past.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Let’s hold off on any judgment until we confirm the accused is not the Pale Ale or Tank 7 brewmaster