Big men at iowa state...

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I don’t recall Horton. Fizer and tisdale seem more like 4s. Paul Shirley seemed more the 5 with Fizer.
Shirley only started one game. Rancik started every game he played in. Definitely not a 5.

Horton was a beast under the basket and backed down to no one. But I believe Lafester ran him out of the gym the night he dropped 54.

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
Shirley only started one game. Rancik started every game he played in. Definitely not a 5.

Horton was a beast under the basket and backed down to no one. But I believe Lafester ran him out of the gym the night he dropped 54.
Love me some Lafester. He would be a great add for next year.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
These threads are hilarious. We need a slow 6’10 guy that can’t shoot from beyond 2 ft and acts as a practice cone on defense! Yes, that’s exactly what we need!

• Funny
Reactions: cyclonehomer

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I understand the stats, and I see Jone's deficits, however I see POTENTIAL. I feel like Conditt has peaked his progress has been a kind of three steps forward two steps back. I just think if Jones put the time in, and the coaches concentrate on his progression we will see good things in the future.

Not sure Jones develops into a starting post for ISU. But with some coaching, another year in ISU's S&C program and developing a bit more confidence he can be a solid 10-15mpg player.
TJ & Staff need to find a post in the transfer portal that is a beast in the paint- defends, rebounds and has a touch of nastiness. If he is a shot blocker- JACKPOT.

I think that would be a great compliment to Kunc, Tre King and Enaruna

Reactions: cyclonehomer

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I don’t recall Horton. Fizer and tisdale seem more like 4s. Paul Shirley seemed more the 5 with Fizer.

Tisdale was the post player for OU his 3 years. He was the most dominant college player I have seen in person. Never saw Shaq play.

Horton was a 4/5. Iowa had Lohaus in Horton's early years and Les Jepson in the later years. But the Hawks also had Al Lorenzon- so they could go big or play 2 guys at 6'8". But both 6'8" guys were 230/240 lbs.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
It would be nice to have a 6’10 255 pound beast sometime. I don’t care if he runs the floor well. If he can defend and redound and make bunny lay ups/dunks I’m in.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
McKay’s behavioral issues and Steve’s inability to be a disciplinarian set the tone for Prohms tenure. I think TJ has already set the tone. Goes to show it’s much easier to take over a loser than a winner.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
They kinda weren't Fred's thing and Steve sucked ass. I think we've actually seen a ton of progression from Conditt between seasons and Jones as it's gone on. It's just that neither dude it all that good. I think they'll come

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Would love to see us find a transfer that plays like the kid from Vandy that stole all our lunch money a couple years ago.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
They kinda weren't Fred's thing and Steve sucked ass. I think we've actually seen a ton of progression from Conditt between seasons and Jones as it's gone on. It's just that neither dude it all that good. I think they'll come
You mean the guys that brought us:

Jordan Railey
Percy Gibson
Giorgos Tsalmpouris
Merrill Holden
Simeon Carter
Ray Kasongo
Hans Brase

and full recruiting cycles with no bigs, didn't have a knack for recruiting bigs?
:jimlad:

Hoiberg did hit on Booker, who was ok. Royce was a big for intents and purposes. McKay was probably his best 'true big'.

Prohm landed Lard, which kind of backfired. Jacobson and Young were decent. George has served a purpose...

Not horrible at the end of the day, but not good in comparison to their Big 12 counterparts. Seems we have been consistently one of, if not the smallest team in the Big 12 for as long as I can remember. Usually because even our more talented bigs tend to be on the shorter and sometimes skinnier side. I can't remember the last time we had a real decent big over 6'9''.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron