Big 12 coach quote

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
CMC would definitely say stuff like this behind closed doors. I remember the camera catching him saying something like, "they think they're so ******* smart" or something like that on the sideline against Iowa back in 2019.

An Eastern Iowa radio guy made a big deal about this at that time. He obviously flips the headset down to say something to our coaches. Which could presumably be “you think you’re so f’ing smart” ribbing Manning or something who maybe gave him an “I told you so” about the call. Bottom line, people who have no clue about what goes on on those headsets like to create drama.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Still not seeing all this supposed "talent" Texas has every year. Didn't they just have zero players drafted to the NFL? They get good recruiting classes. That doesn't mean they have talent. There's a difference.
The thing is Texas freshman class is 4 stars. Five years later, their senior class is 2 star.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think Texas is lucky to win 7-8 games this year. They already can't win in the Big 12 and they get Bama NC.

Normally I root for Big 12, but I hope Bama curb stomps them.
My first thought was a fleeting one wanting them to take down 'Bama because Big 12, but then I told myself that Texas really isn't in the Big 12 anymore. Hoping for a way for both Texas and OU to go 0-11-1 this year.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

Hammerschlagen

Feb 23, 2022
I want Texas to beat Bama then finish 3-9. Bama kicking the **** out of Texas just let’s ESPN et al rip the big 12 for the rest of the season

• Winner
Reactions: CascadeClone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I want Texas to beat Bama then finish 3-9. Bama kicking the **** out of Texas just let’s ESPN et al rip the big 12 for the rest of the season

That already happens anyways. I hope Texas is the most miserable program in all of CFB behind Iowa. They have been nothing but entitled and out of touch with reality. They'll never sniff the CFP from the SEC. They traded a much easier path to apparently make even more money for little results.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
That already happens anyways. I hope Texas is the most miserable program in all of CFB behind Iowa. They have been nothing but entitled and out of touch with reality. They'll never sniff the CFP from the SEC. They traded a much easier path to apparently make even more money for little results.
I don't think this part is true. UT has always done less with more...because they're mostly concerned with more...money. They might succeed in the SEC, but if they don't they still have the richest AD in America, which they really LOVE.

Aug 20, 2012

Hopefully Coach Campbell has the program on such solid footing that we don’t have the kind of down years in the future where a bowl matchup with UT is possible.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The key for UT is how they bounce back from the beat down that Bama is going to give them. The past few years, once things started going the wrong way, they quit.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
CMC would definitely say stuff like this behind closed doors. I remember the camera catching him saying something like, "they think they're so ******* smart" or something like that on the sideline against Iowa back in 2019.

Love that....yeah, he is VERY measured with official media stuff.....but he has a fire and confidence that is very contagious....but not boisterousness. Watching the video this week on Twitter with him mic'd up very in tune with players.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

You’re listening to Iowa people too much. I do t remember who threw the pass, was it DJ?, was in line with where he was saying something. Stop listening to Hawkeye fans.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Frak and FatNTired

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

This “anonymous” quote sounds like it came from a coach we know and love.
I want more! More OUT mudslinging, com'on!
I would imagine our coaches say things like that to each other. I think when there aren't outsiders around, Campbell is pretty off the cuff - or at least I've heard that from people around the program.

Think back to that video Hall leaked out after the Fiesta Bowl where he says "you just beat the sh*t out of Oregon!"
Well, you almost got the quote right. Haha!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
My first thought was a fleeting one wanting them to take down 'Bama because Big 12, but then I told myself that Texas really isn't in the Big 12 anymore. Hoping for a way for both Texas and OU to go 0-11-1 this year.
Any way they both lose?
Beat Bama and then lose to KU.
I would, of course, settle for this.