Best & Worst Traditions

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Another candidate for ISU's worst tradition:
Leaving at halftime to chug a few beers and not getting back in time for the third quarter kickoff. It looks terrible when we're on TV and they do a pan of the stands before 2nd half kickoff with huge sections of empty stands in a game that is a sellout
You see this happen at almost every game (college and pro) on TV. Even if people don't have to leave the stadium for a beer, they still struggle to make it back from halftime bathroom trips.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Don’t they run down the steps?
This has probably already been answered, but they all gather juat inside the east gate, off to the right after passing through "security". They are held back by event staff. When the signal is given they run up the steps to the concourse and down to the seats in front. While running up the steps is somewhat dangerous, having them rush the security gate would be worse.
They've been doing that since I've been attending games, so maybe 20 years or so at least?
Side note - that is the gate we frequently use...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
You see this happen at almost every game (college and pro) on TV. Even if people don't have to leave the stadium for a beer, they still struggle to make it back from halftime bathroom trips.

It's worse coming back from tailgating lots than it is from the bathroom. Some emptiness is to be understood, but there are usually huge swaths of empty seats.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
V1IthzSYcQQH2ms5DM82TrM5uTQyVd3hj6nmNxPf2iA_33VooGQRHqEB6385mSNhIQIqP98cjTcpk8hIvkroNyeDKZeQOjBkJDSdzSZfyTELPZ8gtpvaj4oHkk9QedqLwCr0g-_6

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Serve beer inside like a normal sporting event, don't allow pass-outs and make money. Win, win and win.
They will in short order. With paying the athletes we will closely resemble NFL venues. I'll have better places to spend my time and $$$. Same reasons I don't attend NFL NBA MLB games. You have to buy a scorecard to see who is on the team. Hope schools are able to make cuts in spring and fall to bring in free agents.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
They will in short order. With paying the athletes we will closely resemble NFL venues. I'll have better places to spend my time and $$$. Same reasons I don't attend NFL NBA MLB games. You have to buy a scorecard to see who is on the team. Hope schools are able to make cuts in spring and fall to bring in free agents.
DviVsPiWsAAsneq.jpg

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Another candidate for ISU's worst tradition:
Leaving at halftime to chug a few beers and not getting back in time for the third quarter kickoff. It looks terrible when we're on TV and they do a pan of the stands before 2nd half kickoff with huge sections of empty stands in a game that is a sellout

Which is why you take a few roadies with you when you leave your tailgate. Tide you over until the victory/misery beers afterwards

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021

NIL is not the same as paying the players, if that is what you are talking about. We are still a long way off from schools directly paying players.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
NIL is not the same as paying the players, if that is what you are talking about. We are still a long way off from schools directly paying players.
Better resign to fact richer get richer. Might as well establish super conference with different rules; top 20 richest programs. I am ok being next level. We will never compete with those programs. Adding free transfer rules and it's obvious unless you are going to inherit Warren Buffetts money and pay to use likeness of all our athletes.

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
Better resign to fact richer get richer. Might as well establish super conference with different rules; top 20 richest programs. I am ok being next level. We will never compete with those programs. Adding free transfer rules and it's obvious unless you are going to inherit Warren Buffetts money and pay to use likeness of all our athletes.

There are already bagmen that indirectly pay money to recruits, with the larger programs likely having the most money going to players through bagmen. If they allow NIL but regulate it (as in, don't allow some billionaire to give one mil to each football player for his team or something. Keep the legal max something pretty low, but not the $0 it is now) I don't see how the rich will get richer than they currently are.

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
Also is there a different thread we should discuss this in? Sorry I don't mean to clog things up in this thread.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
There are already bagmen that indirectly pay money to recruits, with the larger programs likely having the most money going to players through bagmen. If they allow NIL but regulate it (as in, don't allow some billionaire to give one mil to each football player for his team or something. Keep the legal max something pretty low, but not the $0 it is now) I don't see how the rich will get richer than they currently are.
Also is there a different thread we should discuss this in? Sorry I don't mean to clog things up in this thread.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The tornado siren is fine but I like Juicy Wiggle.

Our worst tradition is playing like crap the first game of the year.

My son that graduated in 2016, they did graduation at JTS with the Cyclone Weather Alert and the same flames at the entrance as football team. Accordingly I prefer the sirens to watching awkward geezer dancing to Juicy Wiggle.

• Haha
Reactions: Macloney

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
My son that graduated in 2016, they did graduation at JTS with the Cyclone Weather Alert and the same flames at the entrance as football team. Accordingly I prefer the sirens to watching awkward geezer dancing to Juicy Wiggle.
Point taken but, as an awkward geezer, I prefer the latter.