Austin Nichols

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
There's the mention of 5* transfer Royce White from 5 years ago I was waiting for. Knew it would come.

What no mention of the fact we landed arguably the best transfer in the country last year in BDJ? Deonte Burton was a Top 50 recruit he chose ISU less than a year ago when transferring. What explanation are you looking for? We became known as transfer U for a reason. Why you are having a hard time understanding the fact that we have been landing stud transfers the past five years is beyond me. Again though...great insight!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
What no mention of the fact we landed arguably the best transfer in the country last year in BDJ? Deonte Burton was a Top 50 recruit he chose ISU less than a year ago when transferring. What explanation are you looking for? We became known as transfer U for a reason. Why you are having a hard time understanding the fact that we have been landing stud transfers the past five years is beyond me. Again though...great insight!

We landed Royce because he didn't want to get on a plane to go to Kentucky. I don't recall that anyone seriously wanted BDJ either.

We have had great luck with transfers, but simply haven't gotten any of the highly sought after transfers recently. Also, transfer recruiting 5 years ago was far less competitive. Apples and oranges, IMO.

Brad4Cyclones

Dec 13, 2011

BDJ wasn't the best transfer in the country last year. He was wanted by pretty much nobody.

Brad4Cyclones

Dec 13, 2011
Memphis is in a tournament with Iowa, Virginia & Providence in the future. That's why those 3 are restricted. And I'm guessing that Memphis plays Tennesee in the future as well.

Interesting and makes some sense. At first I thought Fran was tampering with kids who are still committed to another school. Worked out well for Iowa the last time.

CLONER99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2015
BDJ wasn't the best transfer in the country last year. He was wanted by pretty much nobody.

Argue all you want about whether or not each individual on this list is "Blue-Chip". However, I challenge you to name a team who has consistently recruited high-level transfers over the past five years at the same rate as ISU. Show me a team with a better list than this. I didn't even name them all.

Scott Christopherson
Chris Allen
Korie Lucious
Royce White
Chris Babb
Deandre Kane
Deonte Burton
Will Clyburn
Bryce Dejean-Jones
Jameel McKay

Proof is in the puddin, folks. Players see this and it is why we get a look from most quality transfers.

Brad4Cyclones

Dec 13, 2011
Argue all you want about whether or not each individual on this list is "Blue-Chip". However, I challenge you to name a team who has consistently recruited high-level transfers over the past five years at the same rate as ISU. Show me a team with a better list than this. I didn't even name them all.

Scott Christopherson
Chris Allen
Korie Lucious
Royce White
Chris Babb
Deandre Kane
Deonte Burton
Will Clyburn
Bryce Dejean-Jones
Jameel McKay

Proof is in the puddin, folks. Players see this and it is why we get a look from most quality transfers.

Why are you quoting me? I was commenting on 1 player only. BDJ. He wasn't a highly sought after transfer. Nobody wanted him.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

Scott Christopherson
Chris Allen
Korie Lucious
Royce White
Chris Babb
Deandre Kane
Deonte Burton
Will Clyburn
Bryce Dejean-Jones
Jameel McKay

We have done extremely well getting high quality transfers to perform well while at ISU, but most of these guys were not highly competitive recruiting situations.

We haven't landed any of the big name transfers that the blue bloods have gone after. Nichols will certainly fall into that category.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We landed Royce because he didn't want to get on a plane to go to Kentucky. I don't recall that anyone seriously wanted BDJ either.

We have had great luck with transfers, but simply haven't gotten any of the highly sought after transfers recently. Also, transfer recruiting 5 years ago was far less competitive. Apples and oranges, IMO.

Jameel McKay has highly sought after

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Why are you quoting me? I was commenting on 1 player only. BDJ. He wasn't a highly sought after transfer. Nobody wanted him.

Meh...from my recollection he was quick to pick ISU, and ISU was quick to reach out. Not a lot of teams had a chance to even show interest.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Jameel McKay has highly sought after

I know he was recruited out of Juco, but was he recruited heavily when he transferred? I honestly can't remember, but I don't seem to recall any competition after he decided to transfer.

Either way, no one we've taken was had the ability to go to any school they want to like Nichols will.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I know he was recruited out of Juco, but was he recruited heavily when he transferred? I honestly can't remember, but I don't seem to recall any competition after he decided to transfer.

Either way, no one we've taken was had the ability to go to any school they want to like Nichols will.

Yes, Arizona, Florida, Oklahoma, Louisville, Memphis, UNLV, Wichita State, Arkansas, Minnesota among others

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Nichols won't have the ability to go to any school he wants to because of the timing.

Also BDJ was contacted by several big schools.
he was being recruited by A little school called Kentucky Wildcats in case the Harrisons declared. They have a coach there I have never heard of. Coach Calipari I think??
Some school called UCLA was another. I'm sure there were plenty more that were never reported bc he got set on ISU pretty fast

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
We should talk about BDJ some more because it's so relevant and interesting.

Eriksp

Oct 1, 2014
At the moment the only schools that I have seen listed as going after Nichols is Marquette and Notre Dame. Has anyone heard any other schools that have contacted him?