Aubrey Joens Transferring

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I think OU will be a good fit for her assuming they continue their run-and-gun offense. We loved watching Aubrey play at ISU, especially her rebounding effort. We wish her nothing but the best at OU. I don't expect any harassment when OU comes to town.
There will be some but less due to Ashley still here. If she left due to playing time not sure she gets that much more there. Drake, UNI or SD would have given her more IMO.

Reactions: acoustimac

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Is the youngest daughter still going to ISU?

Probably? These days who knows but I'm not sure what her other prospects would be at this point. Been sort of an ISU lock for awhile so not sure how much other schools would be following her and she's essentially an unranked recruit and maybe not a big prospect outside of Iowa. I'd guess we are her best Div 1 option as Iowa would be out and after that it'd be 2nd tier Big 10 schools and the SD's (best of mid-majors regionally). Those other "lesser" options are always there anyway with the portal so commitments aren't the risk to a student they used to be, no sitting out and a newly established spring recruiting season for that every year.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Is the youngest daughter still going to ISU?
As somebody else pointed out, ISU verbal commit Kelsey is the fourth Joens daughter, but not the youngest. I have it on good authority CBF has clearly communicated he still wants Kelsey at ISU in his Class of 2023.

I’m frankly surprised Jennie B was able to convince Aubrey to join her in Norman, despite the fact she’s returning her top 9 players. My thought is ISU should consider Jennie B a real threat to flip Kelsey - she’s obviously a fine representative of her school and an excellent closer!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
KF barely got some muted boos when Iowa came to town and she didn't have a beloved sister playing here so I don't think anything will happen with Aubrey.
Daughter said the student section was riding KF quite a bit. Chatting traitor at her. She also said the parents were getting ticked. So I got a different report about what happened at that game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
KF barely got some muted boos when Iowa came to town and she didn't have a beloved sister playing here so I don't think anything will happen with Aubrey.

Unfortunately that's not accurate. KF wasn't treated very well at all. I think Aubrey might not be as bad since Ashley is still here though.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Unfortunately that's not accurate. KF wasn't treated very well at all. I think Aubrey might not be as bad since Ashley is still here though.
...and she didn't go to Iowa. OU women's basketball isn't really a hot button for the student section.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Daughter said the student section was riding KF quite a bit. Chatting traitor at her. She also said the parents were getting ticked. So I got a different report about what happened at that game.

All I remember the students doing is booing KF every time she got the ball when in the game. My seat is right by the students and I don't recall any traitor chants.

Reactions: WartburgClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
All I remember the students doing is booing KF every time she got the ball when in the game. My seat is right by the students and I don't recall any traitor chants.
My daughter told me and was in the student section as a student. Then again she only played a few minutes so it couldn’t happen much.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My daughter told me and was in the student section as a student. Then again she only played a few minutes so it couldn’t happen much.

Yeah, she played quite a bit less at Iowa than she did at ISU. I hope that was her goal when she transferred?

Kinda like Coleman-Lands and Yesufu transferring to KU and hardly playing..... great decision!

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
NIL and the impact it is having on college sport transfers is a tough thing to take, but transferring college is not just a student athlete thing. Even among non-athletes I think the transfer rate is around 30%.

So I have a tough time blaming Kylie, Aubrey or any athlete for transferring. They could be unhappy with their sport situation, academically or socially. We only get the chance to be an undergrad once, so why not try to have a great experience!

Of course like all decisions in life, even the best thought through don't always work out. But I doubt they will regret taking a risk to make a change.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
NIL and the impact it is having on college sport transfers is a tough thing to take, but transferring college is not just a student athlete thing. Even among non-athletes I think the transfer rate is around 30%.

So I have a tough time blaming Kylie, Aubrey or any athlete for transferring. They could be unhappy with their sport situation, academically or socially. We only get the chance to be an undergrad once, so why not try to have a great experience!

Of course like all decisions in life, even the best thought through don't always work out. But I doubt they will regret taking a risk to make a change.
I don’t blame kids that transfer for whatever reason. I also don’t get upset if their old team is all hugs and kisses when they play. If your girlfriend dumps you, do you go hug her each time you see her?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I don’t blame kids that transfer for whatever reason. I also don’t get upset if their old team is all hugs and kisses when they play. If your girlfriend dumps you, do you go hug her each time you see her?
I would agree when that comes to the student section. Not so much about what "adult" fans in the stands have to say.

For the most part we have really great fans, but it's cringe worthy when the 40-50 year old dude feels the need to get on players. Heck, it's not limited to transfers, but our own!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would agree when that comes to the student section. Not so much about what "adult" fans in the stands have to say.

For the most part we have really great fans, but it's cringe worthy when the 40-50 year old dude feels the need to get on players. Heck, it's not limited to transfers, but our own!
Totally agree. Students are students, what I meant for the pushback. I won’t yell at the transfer but won’t cheer for her either.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
As long as we are talking about transferring to rivals or in conference let's remember that ISU got the best deal between all of these iowa/iowa state deals. ISU got a sophomore point guard who barely played at Iowa her freshman year. Who could blame them, she was slight and looked frail. Turned out she was tough as nails and had the heart of a lion. Nobody could shoot the three like she did.

Iowa State has profited from these transfers from the very beginning and Stacy Frese was and continues to be the best of the bunch.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
As long as we are talking about transferring to rivals or in conference let's remember that ISU got the best end of the deal between all of these iowa/iowa state deals. ISU got a sophomore point guard who barely played at Iowa her freshman year. Who could blame them, she was slight and looked frail. Turned out she was tough as nails and had the heart of a lion. Nobody could shoot the three like she did.

Iowa State has profited from these transfers from the very beginning and Stacy Frese was and continues to be the best of the bunch.

Iowa got a solid one in Haluska in mbb. But Frese I believe made more of a lasting impact than Haluska did. The Iowa teams Adam was on was more about Horner and Bruener.