Athletic Facilities across the Nation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Former Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn and his wife, Kristi, donated $2 million to the facility's general concept during the 2018 football season.

He donated $2 million to a place that fired him 2 years later. To think, I got angry when the cleaning crew at my office emptied the fridge and threw away my sandwich one night.

Granted, he got paid $21.7 million when he got fired.

I just got hungry.

Reactions: JohnnyFive

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm surprised that Du Pont/Pionner is such a large sponsor for Iowa Hawkeye sports.

As much as it pains me to say it, big companies really can't go wrong throwing their advertising budget down the middle between ISU/Ia plenty of fans in multiple occupations on both fan bases.

Sorry on the necrobump never paid attention to the date.

Last edited:

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Interestingly, Auburns record last 2 years is 15-9; Iowa State is 16-9. No denying the shear crapton of $'s in the SEC...have any of the schools down there had any serious budget issues due to the COVID year?

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Interestingly, Auburns record last 2 years is 15-9; Iowa State is 16-9. No denying the shear crapton of $'s in the SEC...have any of the schools down there had any serious budget issues due to the COVID year?
Haven't heard of any of the SEC athletic dept. having major issues. I'm sure they are struggling a bit like all the other ones across the country but think they are better off than most.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
shared in the Vegas Trip thread as well.

Sports Dissected (COISKI) has been a cool channel to follow over the last few years. hopefully they will do ISU once the facilities upgrades are complete next year.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
What new athletic facilities would you like to see be built on campus? Mine would be to refurbish Hilton and build a Volleyball/and or a Wrestling building, and then a hockey arena in the new light "district". Next get C. Y. Stephens reopened.

Reactions: CYTUTT and legi

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
What new athletic facilities would you like to see be built on campus? Mine would be to refurbish Hilton and build a Volleyball/and or a Wrestling building, and then a hockey arena in the new light "district". Next get C. Y. Stephens reopened.
A new hockey arena would be great with the club team being bumped up to a full D1 team.

Reactions: CYTUTT and legi