Athletic Facilities across the Nation

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Houston has a lot of potential in the Big 12. Tons of money in that region and can take some eyeballs from A&M now that they're "Power 5". In hindsight, they probably should have been in over Baylor originally.
Yep, that and have a billionaire backing them as well in Tilman Fertitta.

• Informative
Reactions: ISUcyclones11

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
As said much needed renovation also guessing Memphis trying to show Big 12 that if you expand again we have a newly renovated stadium.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I get the stadium is extremely outdated but is there really that big of a demand for club seating for Memphis football?
For Memphis football? Not so much. For the Liberty Bowl and other events? Absolutely.

Much needed. Love the design of the Liberty Bowl but it was very dated even when Iowa State played there in 2017.

Agreed. Happy they went with preserving/updating the original stadium instead of building a smaller one on campus. It's unique. Nice to have FedEx/Simmons Bank in your corner. FedEx has expressed interest in being a Big 12 sponsor...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
For Memphis football? Not so much. For the Liberty Bowl and other events? Absolutely.

Agreed. Happy they went with preserving/updating the original stadium instead of building a smaller one on campus. It's unique. Nice to have FedEx/Simmons Bank in your corner. FedEx has expressed interest in being a Big 12 sponsor...
Hopefully they are adding more pissers.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
What year did you go? I think the city has really invested in improving part of that neighborhood.
Went to the last Liberty Bowl, additionally my son lived there for a year, so I was able to do some exploring. Some nice areas around the zoo, and some really bad areas as well. Only time I saw security guards at a grocery store (Krogers).

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Paddythefatty

Jul 25, 2021
Houston has a lot of potential in the Big 12. Tons of money in that region and can take some eyeballs from A&M now that they're "Power 5". In hindsight, they probably should have been in over Baylor originally.
This is what A&M will do to Houston. TCU had everything going for it when it joined the Big 12 & they’re no where close to touching A&M
A58F986B-0FAA-448D-B83F-EF49102C3B57.gif

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
They won’t take eyeballs from A&M. But they do have a lot of potential and money

Sadly it will be another team ahead of Iowa State in the pecking order when everything breaks apart

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I thought Memphis made more sense over UCF, even with the huge Alumni base. We need to wait and see if USC makes a change before adding any more. I think we watered down the conference enough that if PAC was looking to expand TTU would strongly consider the move out west.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I thought Memphis made more sense over UCF, even with the huge Alumni base. We need to wait and see if USC makes a change before adding any more. I think we watered down the conference enough that if PAC was looking to expand TTU would strongly consider the move out west.
That is a concern. If the PAC was serious about bringing in better TV ratings, a couple Texas teams could give them quite a boost. Fortunately for us, I think their presidents really look down their noses @ non-AAU & religious schools.