Ashley Okland Murder

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
It may not have been a hit but I do know she was shot in the head and in the heart. Both locations would support a theory of a professional hit...she wasn't surviving both of those wounds. She was basically on life support until they got her to the hospital when the doctors said they couldn't do anything for her. I know one of the first responders...he said she was basically gone when they got there.

Or that the shooter had a basic understanding of human anatomy

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Or that the shooter had a basic understanding of human anatomy

Thanks for your contribution to this thread Captain Obvious!
images

The Shooter was in the unit before she got there and she was shot pretty much point blank in the head and heart (with a weapon with some type of silencer). If you had the theory (not saying I believe it) that it was some type of hit the facts would support that theory.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I've noticed they moved their show unit to the north end of the development and the one where the murder took place is the highest price unit for sale over there.

Probably because the model units usually have all the upgrades.

Where over here do you live?

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Probably because the model units usually have all the upgrades.

Where over here do you live?

Yeah, that's what I mentioned to my fiance today. I just thought it was odd considering that's where the murder happened.

I live in the SW quadrant.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I think there was something this summer stating they're still checking out leads- don't recall if anybody is on the case full time anymore though.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Still nothing 10 years later. I wonder if she had a stalker that got pissed?
I'm pretty sure they know what happened, but can't prove it. Wasn't there an ex boyfriend who committed suicide a few years later who was thought to have a connection to the case?

• Informative
Reactions: deadeyededric

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I'm pretty sure they know what happened, but can't prove it. Wasn't there an ex boyfriend who committed suicide a few years later who was thought to have a connection to the case?
I've heard the story about the suicide but I thought that was just another realtor I didn't know it was an ex-lover also.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I swear I saw an interview with a DM detective or somebody who basically said we know who’s responsible but will never be able to prove it. Hopefully the guy gets Dextered or Equalizered.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I swear I saw an interview with a DM detective or somebody who basically said we know who’s responsible but will never be able to prove it. Hopefully the guy gets Dextered or Equalizered.

I believe this is fairly accurate. Pretty sure they were looking at the guy that killed himself.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
ok, guys. The fiance did not kill himself. He is a builder and a Realtor and is still around. Actually one of the bigger builders in the city. And I know this because I am a Realtor and was friends of Ashley's. Please don't say things that are not true. There are a lot of rumors about the situation. That is one that is definitely not true...