Ashley Okland Shooting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
The article yesterday about the 52 year-old woman who was murdered last month in Des Moines got me thinking again about the Ashley Okland case (realtor who was shot and killed in West Des Moines last month).

I haven't seen or read a thing about it in over two weeks. Has anyone else?

I realize the first 24-48 hours of a murder investigation are the most crucial, but here we are more than a month later and...nothing (at least that we know of).

The manner in which she was killed (one shot to the head, one to the chest) and the fact things have been eerily quiet leads me to wonder if it was a professional hit. Not saying they had anything to do with it, but she was dating a Grubb and worked for the Knapps. Both families have A LOT of money. Perhaps she was involved with someone or something she shouldn't have been involved with? Or she knew or saw something she shouldn't have known or seen? Follow the money.

Or was it some random person, a drifter, with zero ties to her who walked in, shot her, and left? That would make it tough to solve as well.

Whatever the case, I just find it odd that two women were murdered within days of each other, and there doesn't appear to be any solid leads or suspects (again, at least that we know of).

• Informative
Reactions: deadeyededric

JJ4ISU

Apr 11, 2006
WDM Side of Waukee
Rumors around West Des Moines are that the police have received several credible tips that revolve around the same person. Don't know who that is, if it's personal or professional-related, but they have a person of interest.

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010
It has been a week or so but last I heard, the police had a search warrant out for someone. They were keeping it quiet and that is the latest I have heard, no idea if anyone has been arrested or what is going on. I'll ask my relative later in the day what has been heard.

There were reports that neighbors had seen her in the street previously multiple times previously talking to a guy in a black SUV and they had a somewhat decent description of the guy (haircut, tattoos, age range, etc). There was a car parked a block or 2 away that someone reportedly saw someone get in to the day that this happened so the search warrant may have been for either of the 2, or maybe they were the same person, no idea.

Part of the confusion with this case is that Ashley was there covering for another agent, who is similar height/weight, hair color, etc so they were unsure last I knew if it was truly Ashley who they were there for or if she was mistaken for the agent who was supposed to be there

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Not saying they had anything to do with it, but she was dating a Grubb and worked for the Knapps.

By writing that, yes, you are saying they had anything to do with it. Hope you and CF have good lawyers. If I were a Grubb or a Knapp, you'd be sued before noon.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
By writing that, yes, you are saying they had anything to do with it. Hope you and CF have good lawyers. If I were a Grubb or a Knapp, you'd be sued before noon.

They are probably tied up in all the DM Register comments...

Reactions: bos

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007

You may want to go to law school that way you can figure out on your own that your statement above is hilarious!

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009

lol, who scans message boards just waiting to sue the **** out of someone that dares to speak ill will of them?

• Haha
Reactions: deadeyededric

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Obviously he's on the phone with the Grubbs and Knapps right now telling them to mobilize their lawyers. This is serious stuff!

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Obviously he's on the phone with the Grubbs and Knapps right now telling them to mobilize their lawyers. This is serious stuff!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwxwUiDbRCk]YouTube - Wonder Pets This is sewius.[/ame]

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Hard to get sued over a statement of fact.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

not sure why but I'm guessing they have better lawyers than Cytheguy.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Overheard a few guys at the gym last week saying that her boyfriend had apparently been sleeping with her cousin. Who knows if true but that's what these dudes were saying.

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte

Are you a lawyer? If so, that would make this even more hilarious.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006

Wow. Really? Where and how EXACTLY did I state that they were involved? Where is there a declaration of fact? The only fact I stated was that she was dating a Grubb and worked for the Knapps...two very prominent families. I then followed that up with speculative questions/statements. It may be different had I said those families WERE involved and that they DID kill her or had her killed. But I didn't.

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
Are all of your parent's children improvident lackwits?

Just a question, not a value judgment.

The article yesterday about the 52 year-old woman who was murdered last month in Des Moines got me thinking again about the Ashley Okland case (realtor who was shot and killed in West Des Moines last month).

I haven't seen or read a thing about it in over two weeks. Has anyone else?

I realize the first 24-48 hours of a murder investigation are the most crucial, but here we are more than a month later and...nothing (at least that we know of).

The manner in which she was killed (one shot to the head, one to the chest) and the fact things have been eerily quiet leads me to wonder if it was a professional hit. Not saying they had anything to do with it, but she was dating a Grubb and worked for the Knapps. Both families have A LOT of money. Perhaps she was involved with someone or something she shouldn't have been involved with? Or she knew or saw something she shouldn't have known or seen? Follow the money.

Or was it some random person, a drifter, with zero ties to her who walked in, shot her, and left? That would make it tough to solve as well.

Whatever the case, I just find it odd that two women were murdered within days of each other, and there doesn't appear to be any solid leads or suspects (again, at least that we know of).