Are we being to harsh

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Thinking about what we lost after last year? I think I might have just expected to much this season. We lost THT, Wigginton, Shayok. That’s is a ton of scoring and talent.

I think I am changing my thought process and want to see what we are
Like next season and the season after. Changing the coach does not always make things better. Prohm has had some good teams and we have won a lot of games with him.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Thinking about what we lost after last year? I think I might have just expected to much this season. We lost THT, Wigginton, Shayok. That’s is a ton of scoring and talent.

Like next season and the season after. Changing the coach does not always make things better. Prohm has had some good teams and we have won a lot of games with him.

Agreed. Extend Prohm’s contract at least 5 years

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

We are being too harsh imo

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Yes and no. There are moments when this team seems decent. There are times when they are really bad. This team needs an Alpha and a ball handler. The Freshmen are coming around. Young is coming around.

I think fans would be more laid back about this year if the team last year would have made a run in the tourney. All that talent and one and done just doesn't sit well.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonedogg and ca4cy

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Certainly this win was needed for many people’s sanity but besides the last 1.45 that second half was god awful. Besides recruiting (not downplaying this), what are Prohms strengths?

The only player he has coached for 4 years is getting a lot better. So there is that. TH made some big steps this year.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Certainly this win was needed for many people’s sanity but besides the last 1.45 that second half was god awful. Besides recruiting (not downplaying this), what are Prohms strengths?

I've always been a Jimmy's n Joe's > X's n O's guy, and I think majority of college basketball coaches and fans think the same thing. However, the issue has been retaining/reloading those Jimmy's n Joe's into a consistent program that doesn't suffer severe down years.

He's got the guys coming in next year, at least according to the rankings. The problem is, he lacks the base, so it's basically like he's starting his 3rd year, first without Hoiberg's players, all over again. Only this time, hoping he can retain his high school recruits, for at least 3 years.

Is it worth it to give him the chance, or scrap it, risk the loss of a good class, and start from scratch? I dunno, that's a tough decision, above my pay grade.

• Friendly
Reactions: aauummm

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yes. Our January schedule was absolutely brutal, so in reality, the 2nd half of the Big 12 season was where we needed to make hay. Sucks that Tyrese went down for it.

There have been some really low lows to be sure, but I like what we have coming back, and our recruiting class. Probably need to add an immediate impact player this spring, but if we do, I think next year puts us back on track.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Too harsh? Nope.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Now do the first half. His strengths are clearly evaluating, coaching and developing guards.

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

too

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

A win over a depleted TCU team, at home, changed your thought process?
A game in which Nixon was ALLOWED to play extended minutes which damn near was a game losing decision?