Anything good on Prime video?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
looking for something good
If you are into weird Dateline type stuff try "Nobody Saw a Thing". It's about the all the odd murders and deaths in tiny Skidmore, MO starting with the towns people assassinating Ken Rex McElroy on mainstreet in broad daylight back in the 80s.

Reactions: CloneIce

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
If you like quirky- Sneaky Pete was great.

It took a few episodes, but Tin Star with Tim Roth was decent. Especially first couple seasons.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Yeah. How do you even prepare someone for that right? And you can’t even begin to describe it even a little because no matter what you say it’s crazy and you can’t give it away.
The scene with The Deep and Timothy at the end of episode 3 actually bothered me more from an "I dont know if I can watch this" point of view.

Reactions: TXCyclones

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The Northman is a movie I swear was just in theaters and it's already on Peacock. Paramount+ got Jackass Forever and Sonic 2 really early too. All the streaming services get their share which is awesome and bad. We need to cut down on unnecessary spending but I keep justifying paying for all of them.

In terms of IP access Peacock should be a major player . I think HBO and Prime are the best at putting out original new stuff though. I know Netflix has some good stuff but the % of it that is drivel turns me off. I can watch something on HBO knowing nothing about it and odds are it is good.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Anybody seen the sci fi flick The Vast of Night?

Watched it last night. I thought it was awful, lol. Takes 1/3 of the movie for something to happen. The middle 2/3 is a dude talking and the final 1/3 tries to build up to the last 3 minutes. A boring, waste of time in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUChippewa

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Watched it last night. I thought it was awful, lol. Takes 1/3 of the movie for something to happen. The middle 2/3 is a dude talking and the final 1/3 tries to build up to the last 3 minutes. A boring, waste of time in my opinion.
Been wanting to watch it but just haven't been able to bring myself to commit the time. Apparently my subconscious knew it was going to be boring.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This is an outstanding 2012 war movie that I somehow missed watching till last year. Highly recommend this one.

images

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
In terms of IP access Peacock should be a major player . I think HBO and Prime are the best at putting out original new stuff though. I know Netflix has some good stuff but the % of it that is drivel turns me off. I can watch something on HBO knowing nothing about it and odds are it is good.

Your description of Netflix is exactly how I feel about Hulu, except for the "has some good stuff" part. If it weren't for Handmaids Tale and Letterkenny I'd never access that app.

• Agree
Reactions: pulse and HFCS

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
The Boys. But there is a scene fifteen minutes into this new season that is utterly bonkers that will turn a lot of people off I think. We however found ourselves laughing and saying what the fuckkk just happened.
Wife and I went from mouths agape to busting out laughing. Love season 3 so far