Anything good on Prime video?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
As far as Prime, I really like The Boyz. But be prepared, it's very crass. I am really impressed by how viscerally I loathe some of the characters. Simply very well written and acted. (btw - if you like the anti-hero aspect check out Brightburn, which is an older movie but very good)

Outside of Prime, I just finished "Shining Girls" on Apple+ and it was very good. The very first episode wasn't as engaging as I had hoped, but after that it was very good!

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Selmak The Tok'Ra

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2021
Jack Ryan and Reacher are great too. Line of Duty is on their FreeVee service if you're ok with a couple commercials.
Reacher is good.

The first season of Jack Ryan is ok but the second season is terrible, especially if you've read any of the OG Jack Ryan books. Without spoiling anything I'll also state that there's some ...highly unrealistic stuff in S2 of Amazon Prime's Jack Ryan series and questionable writing.

(I know the series is not meant to be accurate to the books but if you've read any of the books it is hard to separate some of the characters from their portrayals in the books)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The Boys. But there is a scene fifteen minutes into this new season that is utterly bonkers that will turn a lot of people off I think. We however found ourselves laughing and saying what the fuckkk just happened.

more bonkers than laser baby and the skull crushing? I'd have thought they'd have already lost anybody

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Peacock and paramount+ would like a word. I would actually have prime at 2nd or third behind hbo max and possibly Apple TV
The Northman is a movie I swear was just in theaters and it's already on Peacock. Paramount+ got Jackass Forever and Sonic 2 really early too. All the streaming services get their share which is awesome and bad. We need to cut down on unnecessary spending but I keep justifying paying for all of them.