Apr 4, 2006
Not a puritan. Just a nerd.

No CyArob and I decided and

tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: GTO and bos

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I read that too. The age limit makes some sense but when you arbitrarily impose these other hurdles simply because you work in a certain job is - well arbitrary. Unless and until you can demonstrate an abuse of power of her position to entice these young men into sex, my opinion still stands.

So for YOU, should these young men have sex with a 25 year old homeless meth addict then all is right in your world and lady justice is sated?

The law is the law. We're a nation of laws. Blah blah blah.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Blame the kids? Really? So a teacher is not responsible because she is insecure? The confident kids who closed the deal are? WHoa

I don't think you understood my post. The teacher is at fault and should be penalized accordingly because she had sex with students.
The forum was wondering why the teacher had sex with the teenage students in the first place. My theory to that was because she was insecure and the students took advantage of that. So yes, the teacher is at fault as she should be. I also feel that if the story develops and more details come out, I'm fairly confident I pegged the description of the students involved in the situation as well.

Reactions: Knownothing

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Sometimes we need laws so people don't **** twelve year olds.

And where in this thread has anyone promoted sleeping with a 12 year old? 17 year old young men soon to be 18 had consensual sexual relations with a 25 year old woman. You see it as a sex crime simply because she was a teacher while many of us look at it as a societal gray area that might not reflect true intent.

You said you were done and I said I was skeptical!

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
And where in this thread has anyone promoted sleeping with a 12 year old? 17 year old young men soon to be 18 had consensual sexual relations with a 25 year old woman. You see it as a sex crime simply because she was a teacher while many of us look at it as a societal gray area that might not reflect true intent.

You said you were done and I said I was skeptical!
Done with you. And it was a reference to Argent's views on consent.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I don't think you understood my post. The teacher is at fault and should be penalized accordingly because she had sex with students.
The forum was wondering why the teacher had sex with the teenage students in the first place. My theory to that was because she was insecure and the students took advantage of that. So yes, the teacher is at fault as she should be. I also feel that if the story develops and more details come out, I'm fairly confident I pegged the description of the students involved in the situation as well.

Why can't it be simply sex between consenting adults? Why do we need to ascribe some psychological feebleness to strong hormonal reactions?

Right now some are saying she is a predator but once that calendar flips to 18 years old everything is different. Wait 2 days and that sexual predator becomes a cougar and there are sitcoms made about them.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Why can't it be simply sex between consenting adults? Why do we need to ascribe some psychological feebleness to strong hormonal reactions?

Right now some are saying she is a predator but once that calendar flips to 18 years old everything is different. Wait 2 days and that sexual predator becomes a cougar and there are sitcoms made about them.
Even if the student was 18 she is still his teacher and it is inappropriate and will result in her termination.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Even if the student was 18 she is still his teacher and it is inappropriate and will result in her termination.
The statute does not specify an age of consent for student but instead says it is applicable until the victim is no longer a student. He could have been 19 and it would still be a felony, the statute may be contested in court but that is how it reads.

Reactions: VeloClone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This is the problem. How in the hell is she that desperate? This is where I say there's something wrong but this one is ridiculous.

Plus, if we want to go the "abuse of power" route, pretty much any good looking girl ever should be charged. Those people have more power than anyone.

Could it be she's a sex offender? She needs therapy? Not all good looking women rape children, maybe this particular one is a deviant. Age is pointless in this situation, the disturbing part is its a teacher, if she's attracted to teenage boys to the point that she acts on it, she's not mentally stable and is no way shape or form fit to be a teacher.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Because the boys aren't legally consenting adults.

Right or wrong, there's your answer.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

So if you had a 17 year old daughter getting banged by her high school teacher, you'd be okay with it.