And boom goes the dynamite

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
July 30th, 2017 we offered him. He was rated #282 July 31st, 2017 (his first ranking indicated on the history of his 247 ranking). A month an a half later he got his first true evaluation on 247, and was consistently around where he ended from then on.

It is almost the same type of circumstances here. I would expect something similar for Dubar.

Thanks for the info! I shared the final ratings and he ended very high. Although a football guy, I believe Purdy was a similar situation. Low rating, recruiting started late, and ended with a much higher rating. Ratings are flawed, but to those that wouldn't know what to look for in a highlight video its the best we have.

Reactions: srjclone

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
So as a casual recruiting follower why should I be excited about a 3 star recruit rated just inside the top 400 with a couple offers from mid tier P5 programs? On paper this guy looks like the next future transfer to leave without impacting the program.
Geesh Aeroclone...what a Debbie Downer.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
No, but any program in the 20-40 range of P5 programs is a mid-tier P5, albeit many of which are rather successful. The metrics behind generating such a list is beyond the scope of this thread.

Seems like an innocuous comment, if not accurate imo. Why so insecure about this staff?

why so insecure about yourself?

• Agree
Reactions: ForeverIowan

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Are they top-20 programs? Is such a list just the current rankings?

Relax, although it was amiss in terms of recruiting, it wasn’t an anti-Prohm or inaccurate statement.

well, I will say, if there is an expert on being intellectually insecure on this site, it is definitely you swarthy.

that is definitely a topic you are very knowledgeable about.

Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Why? He's the same player whether ranked 400 or 100. It's not like moving up makes him a better player.
Is this a serious question?
Is it not rational to prefer a player evaluated to be ranked in the top 100 vs one evaluated to be ranked in the top-400?

Clearly what he’s saying is that if his current ranking is not based on his current profile, he feels differently. For those that do not follow recruiting and rely on as-is ratings, that’s a reasonable stance.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Is this a serious question?
Is it not rational to prefer a player evaluated to be ranked in the top 100 vs one evaluated to be ranked in the top-400?

Clearly what he’s saying is that if his current ranking is not based on his current profile, he feels differently. For those that do not follow recruiting and rely on as-is ratings, that’s a reasonable stance.
I don't solely think relying on ratings for your opinion on a recruit is a reasonable stance.

• Agree
Reactions: NATEizKING

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don't solely think relying on ratings for your opinion on a recruit is a reasonable stance.
You follow recruiting. For those that don’t, a 400 vs 100 difference will reasonably be weighted heavily. I don’t recall anyone suggesting it be the sole factor, but other aspects quickly start to require following recruiting.

Back to your comment- the same player, two different scenarios.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
So as a casual recruiting follower why should I be excited about a 3 star recruit rated just inside the top 400 with a couple offers from mid tier P5 programs? On paper this guy looks like the next future transfer to leave without impacting the program.
I don't know anything about Mr. Dubar - other than he has a cool-sounding name - to answer that question. But in other news, Jakolby Long had 16 pts tonight in 19 minutes off the bench for Southern Utah vs. Bethesda University.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Seton Hall has made the dance 3 times since 2000, they have advanced past the opening weekend once. Auburn has 4 tourney appearances since 2000, with last year's final 4 run as their only trip past the opening weekend.

Iowa has 7 appearances in that span, but no trips beyond the first weekend.

I would say those schools are very much in the same tier.

Maryland has 12 bids with 4 runs beyond the same weekend. Probably on a higher tier, but not quite elite.

ISU for reference has 10 bids and 3 trips beyond opening weekend. Considering that time span covers the dark years of Morgan and McD, we compare pretty favorably to all these programs.

I don't understand why everyone says the dark years are part of the Morgan years? He was in Ames for 3 years and made it to the round of 32 in the Dance and to the NIT final 4. That being two out of the three years. That's not to bad at all.

Help Support Us

Become a patron