Allen Lazard- NFL Draft

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Seems like the best answer if an NFL teams asks you if you’d be willing to try tight end (or any other position on the field) is yes, sir.

6c1.gif

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Glad Lazard has been able to show well in front of the pros. As much as I cheered for all the QBs at ISU, he has a lot better guys throwing to him now, which means he has a lot more catchable passes coming his way, and it shows.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Basically he's not a super human freak who runs a 4.40 forty so he's deceptively athletic. Much like the scrappy white guy looks like "insert name here". In the end he gets it done in the redzone, and that will not be over looked. He will go 2nd or 3rd round IMO. Probably the best red zone WR prospect, plus if you need that tweener TE a la Tony Gonzalez then he has even more possible upside. He has had a lot of positive input the past few days. I'm excited to hear what his 40 is, none the less.

• Optimistic
Reactions: twojman

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Basically he's not a super human freak who runs a 4.40 forty so he's deceptively athletic. Much like the scrappy white guy looks like "insert name here". In the end he gets it done in the redzone, and that will not be over looked. He will go 2nd or 3rd round IMO. Probably the best red zone WR prospect, plus if you need that tweener TE a la Tony Gonzalez then he has even more possible upside. He has had a lot of positive input the past few days. I'm excited to hear what his 40 is, none the less.
So you are saying that he is the Georges Niang of football? Nothing negative intended with the comparo...just that like Niang, Lazard has excellent fundamentals and just gets the job done. I do think that Lazard has more upside in the pro's than Niang...

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
So you are saying that he is the Georges Niang of football? Nothing negative intended with the comparo...just that like Niang, Lazard has excellent fundamentals and just gets the job done. I do think that Lazard has more upside in the pro's than Niang...
No I'm not saying that at all. Lazard is a freakish athlete, he just isn't Calvin Johnson level so no one is going to hype him that much. I think he has a bright future in the pros personnally.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
No I'm not saying that at all. Lazard is a freakish athlete, he just isn't Calvin Johnson level so no one is going to hype him that much. I think he has a bright future in the pros personnally.

No one else in the history of the NFL is Calvin Johnson level...

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Am I the only one that thinks Josh Allen is overrated?

I don't hate him as a developmental project but if a team takes him early in the first round there's no way he lives up to the hype. Reminds me of Christian Hackenberg. Big time arm, great measurables, looks the part...but his teams never won much and he struggles big time with consistency and accuracy.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Larzard is kind of like Georges in that you have to love him for his skill set and use that skill set to get the most out of him. He is not your typical NFL wide receiver. He is Gronk at the WR position. Hopefully he gets picked by a team that wants a big receiver the can go up and get a ball while physically dominating a DB one on one.