All FB coaching rumors and speculation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
That isn’t true. It’s a buyout regardless of who buys it out - the coach or the school.
Is it the same for Campbell? I’d be shocked by that. Almost every contract has two separate numbers for if the coach is fired or if the coach leaves.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
He stopped by for a slice of pecan pie last night, think I was able to convince him to say. Said if he comes out wearing yellow today we're in trouble.

• Informative
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
That’s how I feel man. I pray I’m wrong but growing up a cyclone fan and seeing it happen with Fred, it gives me trust issues
Again, sorry for the a#$h01e in me, but it's your choice how you feel. Not anybody else's. Maybe it's your way of managing your own expectations. But don't feel badly if not a lot of people come to your tea part. Looking at it another way, imagine being a Texas fan. That should make you feel better.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
You will get that tomorrow following the game. I believe he is more focused on the game and the graduating players. After the game, his focus will turn to signing day, recruiting, and snuffing out the rumors. I am sure current commitments and their parents have been in contact with their recruiters and Jamie with all that has been swirling around and no recent/new de-commits. Relax, Campbell will be the ISU coach next year & beyond.
I agree with you. So much skepticism. Too much in fact. Strategically, looking at this, one could see a smear campaign to, effectively, discourage recruits. This world is, cunningly, doing worse things daily. Just sayin.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Again, sorry for the a#$h01e in me, but it's your choice how you feel. Not anybody else's. Maybe it's your way of managing your own expectations. But don't feel badly if not a lot of people come to your tea part. Looking at it another way, imagine being a Texas fan. That should make you feel better.

Good post: your feelings are your own, it's hard enough to manage my own without worrying about yours.

Reactions: Mads4st8

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Asked about his interest in the TCU opening, Campbell said that he is perfectly happy at Iowa State, and that is his only focus nowadays.

"I've answered this question for a long time,” Campbell said, via Michael Swain of CycloneAlert. “I think what my history has said and who I've been is exactly what I've done in terms of where I'm interested in being and really what I'm interested in doing. We've got such a great fan base, such a great program right now at Iowa State and what we're doing and what we're building. Really, I'm just worried about our program and nothing outside of it."

Campbell was then asked if it’s “safe to say” that he hasn’t been in contact with TCU.

"Yes, that's certainly safe to say,” Campbell said.

I remember watching that press conference. Randy P from the DMR was the one that asked the follow up question. "Is it safe to say..." The look on Campbell's face conveyed to Randy he just asked another dumb ass question. I busted out laughing.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Asked about his interest in the TCU opening, Campbell said that he is perfectly happy at Iowa State, and that is his only focus nowadays.

"I've answered this question for a long time,” Campbell said, via Michael Swain of CycloneAlert. “I think what my history has said and who I've been is exactly what I've done in terms of where I'm interested in being and really what I'm interested in doing. We've got such a great fan base, such a great program right now at Iowa State and what we're doing and what we're building. Really, I'm just worried about our program and nothing outside of it."

Campbell was then asked if it’s “safe to say” that he hasn’t been in contact with TCU.

"Yes, that's certainly safe to say,” Campbell said.

I remember watching that press conference. Randy P from the DMR was the one that asked the follow up question. "Is it safe to say..." The look on Campbell's face conveyed to Randy he just asked another dumb ass question. I busted out laughing.

Could you imagine having to suffer through questions from Iowa media?

When I was a kid I remember listening to coaches call in shows. I told my dad I felt bad for Johnny, or Walden, or McCarney for having to deal with talking to some of those people.

denny from clear lake

• Winner
Reactions: Arkansas Cyclone

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

When I was a kid I remember listening to coaches call in shows. I told my dad I felt bad for Johnny, or Walden, or McCarney for having to deal with talking to some of those people.

denny from clear lake

I would just call them out and publicly embarrass them.

Randy P - "Insert dumb question here"

Coach me - Randy I know you took a nasty fall in Hilton a few years ago that resulted in a broken leg, but by chance did the Dr's examine your head because you clearly have some sort of brain damage. Next not dumb question.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

denny from clear lake

It's gotten even worse now that they field questions from Twitter; the younger/average fans will ask questions via Twitter, and the same 3 old guys are the only ones that call in anymore.

Cyclone Jerry is always entertaining though.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009

denny from clear lake
I think the questions from Cooter in Napoleonville would be worse

Reactions: DarkStar

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha

denny from clear lake
Cyclone Jerry is always the first call they take and Randy always gets the first question...

Cyclone Jerry is a national treasure.

I'm numb to randy's questions